You may have heard about automatic knives before and wondered what they are.
Automatic knives are a type of switchblade that can be opened with the push of a button or flick of the wrist. They were originally designed for military use, but now many people carry them as well.
There are many things to consider when choosing an automatic knife. The first thing you should think about is what your needs for the knife will be. Will it be used for everyday tasks like cutting boxes? Or will it be used in more extreme situations such as self-defense?
The next thing you should think about is how much money you want to spend on the knife. You can find some really nice ones that cost upwards of $200 but there’s plenty of options out there at lower prices too!
Lastly, make sure you know where you’re allowed to carry your new automatic knife! It’s illegal in most states so make sure before purchasing one if this matters to you!
With so many different styles of automatic knives, it’s important to know what features will work best for you. We’ve got 5 options that will fit any budget or lifestyle!
5 Best Automatic Knives
1. Kershaw Brawler Folding Pocket Knife
This pocket knife does more than just look good, it is a great value with its extra thick blade that’s non-reflective.
Non-reflective and solid liner for locking the blade in place are only two of the features of this sturdy sheath. Comfortable handles and quad carrying options make it easy to carry all day long.
The blade length is 3 inches, which makes it versatile for both small tasks as well as larger projects. The blade comes razor sharp so you can ace any task given – whether slicing fruit or cutting loose threads on clothes.
What Kershaw has done with this accessory is make it feel really sharp without being heavy. Plus, they have managed to keep the weight of the accessory down and also make it last a long time.
- Sharp blade for slicing and dicing – perfect for everyday tasks.
- Handle design is comfortable to grip, even with gloves on.
- A knife that is lightweight and easy to carry in your pocket or bag.
- A strong locking mechanism ensures safety while cutting.
2. Smith & Wesson SWMP4LS Assisted Folding Knife
- DIMENSIONS: 8.6 inch (21.8 cm) overall length with a blade length of 3.6 inches (9.1 cm) and a weight of 7.6 ounces
- DURABLE: Blade is made of reliable 4034 black oxide high carbon stainless steel with a black aluminum handle with rubber inlay
When you’re on the go, make sure you have this knife on your side for all of life’s small cuts and scrapes that come up unexpectedly.
This knife is so lightweight that you can throw it in your purse or handbag. It’s not heavy like some other knives. This is the kind of knife that you carry with you every day.
The blade length is just right for cutting. It is not too long and it will not get in the way of anything. Make sure to keep a pocket clip with you at all times so that you can use the knife easily.
With its inexpensive price point and sturdy construction, this knife will last for years and will be there for you when you need it most.
- The blade is made of black oxide stainless steel.
- It has a rubber inlay handle for enhanced grip and control.
- Smith and Wesson’s knives are the perfect gifts for any occasion.
- This knife is an investment that will last you a lifetime.
3. MTECH Tactical Stonewashed Dagger
No products found.
It’s time to step up your survival game with this spring-assisted dagger!
Made with sturdy T6 aluminum, you can’t go wrong. Its two-inch, double edge blade is sharp and durable. The handle includes 3D tactical grips that provide sure-handed control in tough situations.
The blade is constructed of high carbon stainless steel for a razor-sharp edge and the perfect amount of strength so it can take on any task without breaking a sweat (if not water!).
This knife is for outdoorsmen who do not want to carry around bulky tools and those looking for an easy-to-hide backup weapon.
- A knife that opens with the flick of your wrist
- It’s lightweight and durable.
- The blade is made from high-quality stainless steel that resists corrosion and will never rust.
4. SMITH & WESSON SWATMB Assisted Opening Knife
- DIMENSIONS: 7.5 inch (19 cm) overall length with a blade length of 3.2 inches (8.2 cm) and a weight of 3.9 ounces
- DURABLE: Blade is made of reliable 4034 Black Oxide High Carbon S.S. with a black, aluminum handle with Trac-Tec inserts
A must-have for avid knife lovers, it’s perfect for everyday carry.
The blade is 3.2 inches long and made from a hard metal that does not stain or rust easily. This product has a black aluminum handle that is very strong. It also has Trac-Tec inserts., which helps the metal handle to be strong, even in tough conditions.
Included as well are ambidextrous thumb knobs, flipper/finger actuator. M.A.G.I.C assisted opening making this product quick and easy to access when you need it most. With its convenient pocket clip, it will be right at your side all day long!
- Reliable, durable knives.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Expertly crafted in the USA.
- Made to last a lifetime.
5. Gerber Gear Swagger Knife
- The everyday tactical blade for the job
- Smooth, one-handed assisted opening
An everyday tactical blade for the job, with familiar size, weight, and feel.
The edges on the knife are not as smooth as they would be if it were hand-rolled. But with 65 years of experience, the company has perfected a one-handed opening design that deploys when you want it to.
The blade for the knife is easy to sharpen, as it has a black titanium nitride coating which helps make it so that rust does not form easily. This blade is five times more corrosion-resistant than stainless steel.
With an 8Cr13MoV steel blade (good enough for any task) in addition to the G10 composite, the handle sets a high bar for durability, it’s a versatile knife that is perfect for work, or any other occasion.
- Cut through anything with ease
- Blade deployment is instant.
- The grip is excellent.
- The blade will always be sharp and ready to use.
Can you buy this knife?
Currently, the only federal law governing switchblades is US Code Title 15 Chapter 29. This code governs both importation and sale of these knives across state lines. It has no bearing on purchase, possession, or use of switchblade. The states are in charge of these.
Is it worth buying?
The automatic knife is a great alternative for those who suffer from arthritis or other dexterity issues. If you know your local laws, it may be the perfect EDC option!
Do they open in your pocket?
An automatic or assisted knife is only safe in the pocket if it has a lock. You never know when they may get pulled out and injure someone, especially with how easy they are to use.
Is it dangerous?
An automatic knife is just as safe and useful as a regular pocket knife. It’s not any more dangerous than that because it can be opened easily, which doesn’t make it automatically lethal or harmful in any way possible
Is it the same as a switchblade?
Yes. It is also known as an automatic knife. With a sliding blade in the handle that is extended automatically by a spring when a button, lever, or switch on the handle is pressed.
Whether you’re a collector, hunter, or just someone who enjoys knives for their aesthetic value and functionality, an automatic knife is the best choice.
The best one is not always the most expensive, but it’s important to consider what you’ll be using your knife for and how often.
With so many options available on the market today, we hope this blog post has helped you make an informed decision about which type of automatic knives would work well in your life.