Chinese cleavers are a popular kitchen tool in China and other Asian countries. They have many uses, including slicing vegetables, chopping meat, and preparing rice.
A good one should be made of high-quality steel that will last a lifetime. It should have a sharp blade and a comfortable handle so it’s easy to use. And it should be lightweight enough to chop through meat with ease but heavy enough not to slip out of your hand when slicing vegetables.
If you’re looking for the best Chinese cleaver to use at home or in your restaurant, then this article is perfect for you!
We’ll cover what a Chinese cleaver is as well as the various qualities that make it great. We’ll also give you tips on how to choose the right one for your needs so that you can get cooking faster than ever before!
5 Best Chinese Cleavers
1. TUO Vegetable Meat Cleaver Knife
- 🔪PERFECTED CLEAVER KNIFE: The Black Hawk S 7 inch Chinese cleaver knives is designed to be elegantly modern and purposefully functional. Featuring special-forged high-carbon stainless steel with a high-tech vacuum heat-treatment and nitrogen cryogenic tempering, it ensures you the extreme strength, flexibility, durability, and maximum performance.
- ✅SLEEK BLADE PATTERN: Ripple pattern finish forged by the state-of-the-art technology, it is way more complicated than the traditional blade making process. It offers not only high-end appearance, but also an incredible practicality and sense of use. Since the 3D pattern reduces the contact surface between food and blade, it prevents food from sticking on the blade and provides maximized the slicing efficiency.
It is designed to be elegantly modern and purposefully functional. This knife is made of 100% stainless steel, which has excellent durability. It also prevents corrosion from food acids and from rusting in the long-term or if you do not take care of it correctly.
This knife can be used for a long time. It is easy to use because it has an ergonomic grip handle that makes it easier on the hands and reduces fatigue. The blade is 8-12 degrees per side sharpened. It can also be made smooth or serrated, depending on how you want to chop up your veggies or meats.
- Stunning aesthetics and precision cutting.
- Quality knives that will last for years.
- You’ll feel like a professional chef in your own kitchen.
- Inspire others by showing off your new, sleek knife set.
2. TUO Vegetable Cleaver- Chinese Chef’s Knife
- PROFESSIONAL CLEAVER KNIFE: TUO vegetable cleaver featured curved blade profile, the sharp tip can cut up vegetables, the middle part of the blade can smash garlic while the bottom can mince meat. This 7-inch Vegetable Chopper is perfect for mincing, chopping and cutting ingredients, offering you unrivalled cutting performance like no other.
- WELL DESIGNED: From the striking grain of the polished pakkawood handle to the gentle curve of the blade, this is an ergonomic handle with polished bolster design for exceptional comfort and maneuverability. The full tang structure ensures you the stability and durability of the knife.
With the high carbon German steel blade, this cleaver is guaranteed to take some beating. The full tang design of this knife ensures it is stable and durable. The handle is designed with ergonomics in mind for comfort.
With a premium Japanese polishing technique that costs an average of 15 minutes per knife, you won’t find anything sharper or professional looking anywhere else.
This is what you need to make something amazing. This helps when you are chopping vegetables for pickles or slicing meats so thin, they disappear before your eyes.
This Chinese chef’s knife is surprisingly lightweight. It is very good for cooking and offers an unbeatable price on kitchen cutlery.
- The knives are made of stainless steel and have a sharp blade.
- It’s a knife that can do it all.
- Become the most efficient chef in your kitchen.
- Save time chopping vegetables for dinner.
3. Winco Blade Chinese Cleaver
You’ve just found the perfect knife for cutting meat, vegetables, and bones! It’s sharp enough that you can effortlessly chop through any chicken breast quite easily.
The blade is made of high-carbon steel so you know it will last a long time – dishwasher safe to boot. In addition to this amazing kitchen tool, it also features an ergonomic handle with ample grip space so we’re sure it’ll have your cooking needs covered today and years from now without the need for replacement.
- The blade is made of high-carbon steel.
- The handle is made of wood and measures 4.5″ long.
- You’ll have a durable cleaver to use in your kitchen.
- You’ll be able to chop through anything like butter with this cleaver.
4. JapanBargain Cleaver Chef Knife
- Our multipurpose cleaver knife can be used for chopping, mincing, and slicing. The knife comes sharp, and will cut through vegetables, flesh, and soft bones.
- This kitchen knife blade is Molybdenum Rust-Resistant, Razor Sharp Edge, Easy to Sharpen. Blade measures: 6-⅞ inch. Long x 3-⅜ inch Width. Overall Length: 11-½ inch
Japanese people have been chopping, mincing, and slicing their food for years. One of the favorites on the market today is this cleaver by JapanBargain.
It is a heavy-duty Chinese Style Cleaver Knife. You can use it to chop and slice. It is comfortable because the handle is made of wood, which will last longer than synthetic handles.
It uses Molybdenum, which is a type of metal that is hard and does not rust. This metal makes the blade stay sharp for a long time, so you will not need to worry about getting it sharpened.
- Sharp and durable blade to chop vegetables, slice meat, etc.
- Easy to clean with dishwasher-safe sheath.
- You can feel the balance in your hand as you chop vegetables.
- Add some style to your kitchen countertop.
5. WINCO Chinese Cleaver
No products found.
Know how to make the best-fried rice? Chinese chefs use the WINCO knife.
The blade is made of stainless steel and sharpened by hand. It’s easy to care for with a dishwasher-safe finish that will never rust.
The vegetable cleaver is lightweight and easy to carry while cooking in the kitchen or on camping trips. The notch grip gives the cook a comfortable feel when using this reliable tool.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- The blade is sharp and durable.
- Get the perfect cut of meat every time.
- Sharp blade for cutting through tough meats and vegetables.
Are they any good?
They are a must-have in any kitchen. They’re perfect for chopping up food, and they can do the same as an ordinary knife with more efficiency because of their weight.
In addition to that, you’ll be able to use them on tough items like root vegetables or chicken bones without slowing down your prep time, they won’t slip through whatever it is you’re cutting!
What to consider when choosing one?
An ideal cleaver is made of stainless steel and should have a blade length of 6 to 8 inches. The blade should be thin, sharp, and have an edge between 15 and 20 degrees.
Can you wash it in a dishwasher?
It is a classic multi-purpose workhorse that has been used for centuries to chop, cut or mince any number of foods, watch out when you’re doing the dishes with them because they are not generally dishwasher safe.
How to sharpen it?
The process of sharpening your knife is not as complicated as you might think.
Start by soaking the whetstone in water and placing it on a damp towel to hold it securely in place before starting the next steps.
Next, sharpen it with consistent motions while holding an angle at 20 degrees- more if needed!
The key here is repetition: start from one side and work backward until all sides have been touched up evenly. It’s also important that after finishing this step, you wipe off any excess moisture or metal shavings left behind for safety purposes!
When it comes to buying a cleaver, we recommend the best Chinese knives.
There are many different types of these kitchen tools and they can be used for a variety of purposes that range from chopping vegetables in your own personal kitchen or butchering meat at home or work.
We’ve provided 5 facts about the top brands on our list so you know what sets them apart from their competitors before making an investment decision. These knives will suit any chef’s needs so get out there and find the perfect one today!