The usual area where Damascus knives stand out from the rest is in their beautiful pattern. However, there are many other areas where these knives are head and shoulders above others. Talk of durability and sharpness, for instance, and not many options get close to what you get from a Damascus knife.
And more like other knives, Damascus knives are of different sizes and designs. Therefore, for a more flexible and pleasant cooking experience, you need to grab more than just a single piece.
Now, when shopping for Damascus knives, there are two ways to go about it— you can buy each knife separately or get a set. Of course, if you value your money, acquiring the kit is more convenient and will cost you much less than ordering each piece individually.
But do all sets offer the same value? Well, not exactly. They differ in composition, designs, and more. With that said, it pays off to scrutinize several of them before buying to see the one that best fits your needs.
In this article, we will be reviewing some of the top 11 best Damascus knife sets. Our hand-picked options are of quality materials, so they are durable and offer a more long-lasting edge. With there no further ado, let’s dive in!
11 Best Damascus Knife Sets
#1 Enso Knife Set
- Knife set includes: 4.75" Petty Knife, 5.5" Prep Knife, 6" Serrated Utility Knife, 8" Chef's Knife & 4 Slot Dark Ash Slim Knife Block
- Knives crafted of premium Japanese VG10 37-layer stainless steel for excellent edge retention; Each blade features a stunning hammered (tsuchime) finish
Enso is a renowned knife manufacturer with a history that dates back to 1932. The manufacturer combines mature technology with the vast expertise of her traditional craftsmen, resulting in top-class pieces of cutlery that will last for a long time. And yes, the Top Choice Damascus knife set goes to one of her iconic options.
The set comes with a total of four pieces of cutlery. You will get a petty knife, a chef knife, a prep knife, and a serrated knife. The scope of functionality of these knives should address almost all cutting needs in the kitchen.
Each knife is of premium VG10 37-layer stainless steel material. We all know a stainless steel knife handles the most demanding applications incredibly well. The type of steel also offers excellent edge retention, so you will always find things running smoothly in your cookhouse.
A beautiful sashimi finish covers the premium Damascus steel, enhancing the durability and aesthetic aspects of the set. And with a double-bevel blade, each of these knives works for left and right-handed chefs alike.
The black canvas micarta handles are well-shaped to ensure they fit perfectly in the palm. Additionally, the handles are triple-riveted, so they are well-balanced and feel very solid when using.
- Very attractive.
- Sharp knives.
- Nice handles.
- The new hammered finish not as good as the old one.
#2 XINZUO Damascus Steel Knife Block Sets
- 【Professional Knife Cover Combination】Professional Damascus steel kitchen knives can meet various kitchen cutting tasks. Set includes 8-inch chef knife, 7-inch santoku knife, 8-inch slicing knife, 5-inch utility knife, 3.5-inch fruit knife, 3Cr14 stainless steel kitchen scissors, Acacia wood knife holder.
- 【High Quality Damascus Steel】Made of high-quality 67-layer 10Cr15CoMoV Damascus steel, vacuum heat treatment, hardness up to 62HRC.It also has the characteristics of corrosion resistance, rust prevention and strong toughness. Damascus' unique wavy pattern showcases stunning craftsmanship and artistic personality.
This Damascus steel knife set is another option that will enhance your culinary experience and give you the flexibility you need in the kitchen. It has everything we expect to get from a top-notch culinary set, making it our honorable mention.
The exquisite kitchen knife set consists of an eight-inch chef knife, a seven-inch santoku knife, a 3.5-inch paring knife, a five-inch kitchen utility knife, and an eight-inch slicing knife. You will also get a stainless steel pair of scissors, so all your chopping needs in the kitchen are covered.
Additionally, the practical knives come with an acacia knife organizer for storage. You will appreciate that the piece is beautiful and durable as well. And with the space-saving design, almost every chef will want to bring this perfect kitchen knife set to their cookhouse.
All the knives feature 67-layer 10Cr15CoMoV Damascus steel, an equivalent of Japanese VG10 steel in terms of strength. The hardness of up to 62HRC means you are getting super strong knives that will stand up to the heaviest abuse day in day out.
The blade edge angle here is 15 degrees on either side and comes hand-sharpened ready for action. Use the knives for vegetables, meats, fruits, and more, and you will notice the difference from the first day.
- Nice weight.
- Super-hard knives.
- Kitchen scissors included.
- Made in China.
#3 DFITO Kitchen Chef Knife Sets
- 🔪【MULTIPURPOSE】 The 10 PCS kitchen knife boxed set includes 8" Chef Knife, 8" Slicer Knife, 5" Utility Knife, 8" Bread Knife, 7.5" Cleaver Knife, 7" Santoku Knife, 5" Santoku Knife, 7" Cleaver Knife, 6" Boning Knife, and 3.5" Paring Knife. The curve of the blade is gentle aides in easy precise cutting. Great for mincing, slicing, and dicing fruit, meat, fish, and vegetables in the kitchen because of excellent performance.
- 🔪【SUPERB RAW MATERIAL & RAZOR SHARP EDGE】The chef's knifives set is made of high carbon forged stainless steel(440A) which comes with 54+ Rockwell Hardness, makes each knife has extremely anti-corrosion, rust-resistance, long-lasting edge, and excellent toughness. The knife blade is painstakingly hand sharpened to 13-15° per side, maintaining the perfect balance between ultra-thin slicing and maximum resilience for smooth cutting through.
Whether spending big or small, we all look up to getting the best bang for our buck. Talking about knife sets, not many offer the best price-quality ratio. However, you can count on this best-value premium Damascus knife set to give you the most out of the amount you pay for it.
The famous knife set brings you a whopping ten pieces, more than you get in any of the predecessors. Usually, we expect the higher count to cost more. Surprisingly, the set comes at a lower price than any of its predecessors.
More number of pieces means you are getting a multi-functional set, so you will always have the ideal knife during food preparation. The box contains a chef knife, two santoku knives, a bread knife, two cleaver knives, a bone knife, a slicer knife, a utility knife, and a paring knife. Also, you will appreciate that the belly of this knife has a gentle curve for precise cutting.
The high carbon forged stainless steel(440A) provides the much-needed hardness. It may not be as strong as the Japanese VG10 steel, however. But with 54+ Rockwell Hardness, it still remains one of the most durable knives out there.
The plain edge knives are hand-sharpened to an edge angle of 13-15 degrees. This angle offers an excellent balance of durability and precision. Hence, you will spend more time with the set cutting and less time sharpening.
- Decent value for money.
- Easy to hold.
- Lots of pieces.
- It may take time to get used to the handles.
#4 JUNYUJIANGCHEN Kitchen Damascus Knife Set
- 【Perfect Full Set 】Professional Damascus Knives set includes 8"chef's, 6"Nakiri, 3.5' paring, 8" bread , 7"santoku, 5" Utility, 6"boning and Wood Block Knife Set
- 【Best Quality】Knives Set crafted of premium Japanese vg10 67-layer steel for excellent edge retention An ultra sharp vg-10V Japanese super steel cutting core at 62 Rockwell hardness extraordinary performance and edge retention.The blades have been professionally graded down with the finest block materials. The cutting is just smooth as cutting butter whether your cutting through steaks, chicken, pork, doing sashimi style cuts, fine cute, dice cuts or any other types
If you are ready to spend a fortune on knives in exchange for extreme durability and reliability, you can settle for this option. It comes forth as the best expensive Damascus knife set, although what you get in return is way above the price.
As we all expect of a set going for such a price, the manufacturer uses raw materials of the highest quality. I mean, the Japanese vg10 67-layer steel with 62 Rockwell hardness stands the test of time even with regular heavy use.
The knives come ultra-sharp, so expect the cutting to run smoothly like a hot knife through butter, whether cutting steaks, fruits, vegetables, chicken, or other ingredients in the kitchen. The sharper edges also mean it will take minimal effort to work with these knives.
For you to get precise and quality cuts, you need more than just a super-sharp knife blade. The handle needs to be ergonomic for the utmost control. With that in mind, these knives have solid wooden handles that are very accurate to the touch and split-resistant.
The seven knives come with a space-saving wooden knife block. The construction of the holder is thick for durability. Additionally, you will appreciate that the organizer comes with a transparent design, so you will always pick the right piece all the time.
- Super durable kitchen knife set.
- Hollow-out design of the holder.
- Not affordable.
#5 Yarenh Chef Knife Set
- [Premium Quality] Our knife is made up of 67 layers of Damascus steel(10Cr15CoMoV steel core),which is a Chinese stainless steel equivalent to Japanese VG10 steel.and the forging process of the knife provides our customers with the high quality sharp Damascus steel kitchen knife for the ultimate sophisticated cutting experience.The Damascus steel contains Cr, Mo, Co ingredient,making the blade more rust-resistant,more wear-resistant,better sharpness.
- [Sharp Damascus Steel Blade] The Yarenh knife is crafted with highest quality Damascus steel. The blade of the knife is equipped with 67 layers of Damascus steel and the 10Cr15CoMoV high carbon steel is selected for the steel core, whose hardness is stable at 60 ± 2HRC, for that ultra-sharpness and durability of the blade.
If you want a premium Damascus knife set for an average price, the fifth option fits the bill. It won’t cost you much like some expensive sets out there, but the performance will even surpass that of some high-end knives. And with that said, it’s our best mid-budget Damascus knife set.
The set consists of five knives. You should find an 8-inch chef’s knife, 6.5-inch Nakiri knife, 7-inch santoku knife, 3.5-inch fruit knife, and 5-inch utility knife. Thus, this option is more of an all-around chef’s knife set.
The high-carbon steel used is of the highest quality with a hardness rating of 60± 2HRC. In other words, whether you intend to put the quality high-carbon knife set on light or heavy use, you’ll love how it holds its sharpness.
Additionally, this functional kitchen knife set uses pakkawood for the handles. Unlike some materials, the wooden knife handles won’t shrink, deform, or fade. Also, the grip is of ideal length, shape, and thickness, so you will always love the food preparation tasks more fun.
It doesn’t come with a knife block, though. Instead, the set will come with a presentable gift box. What’s even more, each quality knife sits on its slot in the box and won’t come out when transporting the set.
- High-quality slotted gift box.
- Full-tang knives.
- The handle material complements the Damascus steel.
- It doesn’t come with a holder.
#6 Nanfang Brothers Kitchen Damascus Knife Set
- ALL-IN-ONE COMPLETE SET - Professional Damascus Knives set includes 8”Chef Knife, 8”Slicing Knife, 8”Bread Knife, 7” Santoku Knife, 5.5”Utility Knife, 3.5”Paring Knife, Kitchen Shears, Knife Sharpener to stay sharp and natural wooden Block.
- QUALITY DESIGN - Knives are crafted with VG10 steel core 67 layers superior damascus steel blades for precision and accuracy. HRC 60-62 hardness for exceptional sharpness, edge retention. Curved design handle provides comfort and support.
As much as we have to consider quality, the final buying decision leans more on the amount we are willing to spend. In other words, we all want to get the best quality within our affordability range. And yes, if you are under a 200-dollar budget, here comes the best Damascus knife set under $200.
This set offers six knife varieties, enough number to address the majority of your kitchen needs. You will also get a pair of kitchen shears, a wooden block, and a knife sharpener. Hence, you get a wider variety of tools here.
The Japanese VG-10 steel boasts 60-62 HRC hardness, so the knives withstand the most demanding kitchen chopping tasks. Plus, the blade and shank have an integrated design, so neither of these knives will break easily.
The extensive knife set block is a vital kitchen knife safety aspect as it keeps all the pieces well-stored, giving you the convenience you ever needed in access. What’s more, the attractive knife block is of long-lasting wood that won’t break easily. You will also notice that the knife slots are big enough, making the knives easy to insert and remove.
The sharpener maintains the sharp edge of the knives, ensuring peak performance at all times. The 13-inch length means you can use it for varieties of kitchen knives, so your cutlery will always be in tip-top condition.
- Versatile sharpener.
- Ambidextrous pair of kitchen scissors.
- The knife holder has rubber feet for stability.
- Not dishwasher safe, just like any other quality kitchen knife.
#7 Serenita Damascus Chef Knife Set
- YOU WILL NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE IMMEDIATELY : 7.0 oz well weighted chef’s knife with comfort handles requires minimal effort when chopping, slicing, dicing or mincing. Ergonomically designed handles are comforte and minimize wrist tension.
- HAND SHARPENED AND READY TO USE - You will be surprised at how sharp the knives are. Try to cut a piece of paper. Hand hammered 12 degree blade edge makes slicing meat, chicken, steak, and sushi / sashimi feel like slicing butter.
If you aren’t willing to spend a lot of money on a cutlery set, or maybe your budget doesn’t allow you to settle for a high-end option, this set should best meet your needs. It takes the lucky number seven as the best cheap Damascus chef knife set.
Of course, you cant compare the quality of these knives to that of some expensive models. Nevertheless, they aren’t bad either and will get things in the kitchen running as they should. Hence, if you are willing to compromise a little on quality level for a more favorable price, you won’t go wrong with this option.
The set offers you eight pieces. That’s a really decent range of knives, especially for the price. With that said, whether you are chopping, mincing, slicing, or dicing, you can always count on this excellent knife set to address your needs perfectly.
The gently curved blade maximizes the set’s versatility, meaning you can do much with this affordable set. And with the ergonomic handle, these knives work well for professional chefs and home cooks alike.
Each of the knives features an AUS-10 High Carbon Steel Blade for maximum durability and long-lasting edge retention. The premium steel offers excellent corrosion resistance qualities and won’t fade wear out with time.
- Lowest price on the list.
- Ergonomic handle.
- Decent quality for the price.
- It doesn’t maintain its sharper edge the longest.
#8 Nanfang Brothers Kitchen Damascus Knife Set
- ALL-IN-ONE COMPLETE SET - Professional Damascus Knives set includes 8" Chef Knife, 8" Slicing Knife, 8" Bread Knife, 7" Santoku Knife, 5.5" Utility Knife, 3.5" Paring Knife, 6 Pieces 5" Steak Knives, Kitchen Shears, Knife Sharpener to stay sharp and Beechwood Block.
- QUALITY DESIGN - Knives are crafted with VG10 steel core 67 layers superior damascus steel blades for precision and accuracy. HRC 60±2 hardness for exceptional sharpness, edge retention. Curved design handle provides comfort and support.
Usually, a higher number of pieces in a set depicts greater versatility. That’s why as you shop for a cutlery set, it’s good to pay heed to the number of components in the set. Now, if you want a kit that offers you a decent count, here comes the best 15-piece Damascus knife set.
15 is the best count we have on the list. Therefore, it should offer at least something unique from what you get from the previous models. And yes, you will get a total of 12 universal kitchen knives, six of which are steak knives, the first set on the list to offer this variety.
The thirteenth piece you will find on the list is a pair of kitchen shears, one of the most versatile tools you will need around the kitchen. You will also get a reliable sharpener and a knife block for keeping everything in place.
Like any of the preceding models, this 15-piece knife set comes with durable steel construction. Therefore, they are incredibly sturdy, sharp, and stain-resistant. With that said, this should be the set to help you become the chef you’ve always aspired to be.
The stylish knives boast HRC 60±2 hardness. Therefore, they are among the knives that possess the best durability qualities. The handles have a curved design, so they interact well with the user’s hands even when using them with wet hands.
- More pieces.
- Well-balanced kitchen knife set.
- The weight is good.
- The pattern doesn’t look like a laser-etched-on Damascus pattern.
#9 XINZUO 5-Piece Damascus Kitchen Knife Set
- PREMIUM DAMASCUS STEEL: Made By 67 Layers High Carbon Damascus Steel with 10Cr core, Hardness could reach 62HRC, also include a strong feature of anti-corrosion, anti-rust and also toughness.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN HANDLE: XinZuo Ergonomic handle design will create a comfortable holding and give the best level to slice through everything easily. Pakka wood with its luxury finishing will attract you when you first eye on them.
If you want a culinary set that will serve you for many years to come, you have no option but to get one with the best build quality. Unfortunately, it’s not easy to sift the ideal one from so many options. However, after our review, this set emerged as the one with the best construction.
By the best build quality, we mean that everything about this knife set is outstanding, ranging from the quality of the materials to the craftsmanship. Precisely, the knives feature 67 layers of high-carbon Damascus steel, with a hardness rating of 62 HRC.
Unlike some types of steel that will catch rust with time, the material used for this knife set provides superior corrosion and rust resistance. Also, these fantastic knives won’t discolor with time, meaning that they will maintain their pristine maintenance for many years.
The handles of this essential knife set are of pakkawood, durable material with unsurpassed beauty. Plus, the grips fit well in the palm. And with that said, chances are that you will regret why you didn’t buy these wood-handled knives earlier.
You won’t get the most number of pieces here. I mean, the set brings you five Japanese knives— a chef knife, santoku knife, utility knife, and paring knife, so it still contains all the basic knife types. Hence, the five-piece chef knife set still has enough to get things running as they should in the kitchen.
- Super durable.
- Steel maintains its beauty.
- Handles are of convenient size.
- The set contains only five pieces of cutlery.
#10 HEZHEN Kitchen Knives
- [Super Sharp Blade] Made by 67 layers Damascus steel properly plasticized, compressed and heat treated to improve the thickness to protect the 10Cr15CoMoV core steel and enhance the sharpness. Because of edge angle of 15°per side，it keep sharper.The Damascus Steel with rose pattern look beautiful and elegant. Each of them is treated deep freezer in liquid nitrogen to improve hardness flexibility and corrosion resistance.
- [High Quality 10Cr15CoMoV Steel Core] It is the real Damascus steel not laser pattern with Rockwell of 60-62HRC.The material of the steel is improved in the similar proportion of Japan VG10.The steel is with super sharpness, strong resistance and razor sharp edge. As it contains Cr, Mo, Co and V element, it is more rust-resistant and wear-resistant,which is more resistant than AUS-10 steel.
Whether buying a single piece or a set of cutlery, consider the design of the handle. How the handle feels in the hand will determine the precision of your cuts and how long you can use the knife without developing hand fatigue. With that in mind, next on the list is the best handle-design Damascus knife set.
The handles are of sycamore wood, so they are sturdy and have impressive drying performance. What’s more, the visually appealing handles are soft and comfortable and have in-laid rivets that give them a cleaner look without compromising on strength.
The Damascus steel of the blade means you are getting a high-performance set you can count on to stand the test of time. The rose pattern on the knives are visually enticing, so they are just as beautiful to the look as they perform.
The set brings you five pieces of cutlery. What’s more, no two pieces are similar, and that means you are getting a versatile cutlery set. Each blade is hand-sharpened to get a 15 degree edge per side to ensure that it slices through different foods like a hot knife through butter.
- Beautiful handle and blade pattern.
- The shape of the handle is comfortable.
- Moisture-resistant handles.
- You won’t get a knife block.
#11 Shun Classic Knife Block Set
- Set includes: 3.5-inch Paring Knife, 7-inch Santoku Knife, 8-inch Chef's Knife, 9-inch Combination Honing Steel, Shun Multi-purpose Kitchen Shears, 8-slot Slim Design Dark Wood Knife Block
- VG-MAX cutting core with 34-layers (each side) and stainless Damascus cladding
If your kitchen is running short on space, ensure that you consider the amount of space the set you want to buy will take. In other words, the knife holder needs to come with a slim design to help save on space. And yes, the last on the list is the best space-saving Damascus knife set.
The 8-slot wooden knife block comes with a slim design, so it has a tiny footprint that won’t take plenty of space on your kitchen counter. The knife also comes with a dark finish, so it will also step up the beauty of your kitchen.
And now to the components, you will get other five pieces besides the knife block. I mean, the set consists of a chef knife, santoku knife, paring knife, multi-purpose kitchen shears, and combination honing steel.
The D-shaped handles are of high-performance pakkawood construction. Hence, whether you are using the set for extended hours or a short period, expect to get the most comfortable grip. And with the sure grip, chances of accidents are very minimal.
Finally, these reliable knives are easy to maintain— just handwash them using gentle dish soap and dry them immediately. This way, you will keep them performing to the peak and ensure they won’t catch rust like some of the options out there.
- Attractive knife block.
- Slim space-saving design.
- Easy to maintain.
- Still not the most affordable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Damascus knives any good?
Yes. There are a few advantages of Damascus knives over others. For instance, they are beautiful and use incredible materials for long-lasting performance. Actually, most of them have a hardness setting of over 60 HRC, more than you will get in most western knives.
Can Damascus steel be faked?
Yes. The knife world is plagued by lots of fake options. A real Damascus knife is a result of forge-welding different types of steel with varying carbon content. The distinct steel properties create the knife patterns you see on the blade. Like with colorful cakes, these patterns should run throughout the entire blade thickness. Most manufacturers opt for a shortcut that involves imprinting Damascus-like patterns on cheaper steel.
Is Damascus steel strong?
Damascus steel is not the strongest metal on earth. However, it’s one of the hardest constructions you can ever find for a knife.
What should I look for when buying a Damascus knife set?
When shopping for a Damascus knife, you may need to pay heed to the same factors you consider when shopping for other types of knives. Consider the ergonomics, HRC rating, size, composition of the set, and price.
Does Damascus steel rust easily?
Most Damascus steel knives are of carbon steel with small amounts of chromium alloy. The minimal chromium level and high carbon steel mean they can rust, especially with improper care. To prevent them from rusting, ensure that you clean and dry them immediately.
A good Damascus knife set should serve you for years. However, the major hurdle lies in sifting out that decent set from the many fake ones. But after doing the legwork for you, we believe it’s now more straightforward to choose the one that best meets your needs.