While we don’t in any way intend to demean its versatility, there are some kitchen tasks you can’t perform effectively with a standard chef knife. Sure, it’s one of the most multifunctional tools in the cookhouse, but some kitchen chores are best accomplished with a type of knife specially designed for the work.
With that said, as an expert chef or a home cook, it’s always good to keep a wide array of blades within your reach. And what other cheap means is there to own them other than buying the knives in bulk? That’s why we have lots of kitchen knife sets floating all over in the market.
Now, a lot of choices are good to have. But on the negative side, the overwhelming numbers make it harder to figure out which set works best for your needs. But not any longer— by the end of this article, you should be able to tell the one that suits your requirements best. Each of our finest selections falls under the 200-dollar price point, so you won’t have to break the bank for your favorite
11 Best Kitchen Knife Sets Under $200
#1 J.A. Henckels Kitchen Knife Set
- SET INCLUDES: 3-inch paring knife, 5-inch serrated utility knife, 7-inch santoku knife hollow edge, 8-inch Chef's Knife, 8-inch bread knife, Six 4.5-inch Steak Knife, Sharpening Steel Kitchen Shears, and Hardwood Block
- QUALITY MANUFACTURING: Knives fabricated from high-quality stainless steel
We begin our journey with one of the customers’ most favorite knife sets. The cutlery piece will enhance your kitchen experience in a big way, giving you the efficiency, effectiveness, and speed you need when cooking, all without costing you an arm and a leg. It sits top on the list as the best overall knife set under $200.
The top-tier knife set offers a whopping 15 pieces of cutlery, so you should have the perfect piece no matter the recipe you choose. The package includes a standard chef kitchen knife, serrated utility knife, hollow-edge santoku knife, six steak knives, kitchen shears, and more.
The high-quality stainless steel blades are long-lasting and will keep their edge for long. Also, these blades have advanced rust, corrosion, and stain-resistant properties, so they will retain their beauty for many days to come.
Each knife comes with a triple-riveted handle, so neither feels wobbly in the hands. Plus, the plastic grips have an ergonomic design for minimal hand fatigue. Hence, if you work with knives for long periods of time, you will appreciate the level of engineering that goes into making these quality kitchen knives comfortable.
For a set with all these pieces, cleaning may take lots of time. But not with this toolset! In this case, all the components of the set are dishwasher safe. You’ll never have to face the hassle of handwashing!
- Sturdy but lightweight knives.
- Dishwasher safe.
- They look fantastic.
- The wooden block won’t take the least amount of space possible on the counter.
#2 Nanfang Brothers Kitchen Damascus Knife Set
- ALL-IN-ONE COMPLETE SET - Professional Damascus Knives set includes 8”Chef Knife, 8”Slicing Knife, 8”Bread Knife, 7” Santoku Knife, 5.5”Utility Knife, 3.5”Paring Knife, Kitchen Shears, Knife Sharpener to stay sharp and Beechwood Block.
- QUALITY DESIGN - Knives are crafted with VG10 steel core 67 layers superior damascus steel blades for precision and accuracy. HRC 60±2 hardness for exceptional sharpness, edge retention. Curved design handle provides comfort and support.
Whether buying a single knife or a set of knives, it’s good to consider settling on Damascus steel blades. Compared to regular steel, high-quality Damascus steel blades are super-sharp and keep their edge for long, a definite advantage every chef wants to enjoy! Now, the second option on the list is the best Damascus steel knife set.
This cutlery set offers nine pieces. What’s more, the selection here is quite thoughtful, so don’t worry that it doesn’t come with the highest count. You’ll get a chef knife, utility knife, paring knife, santoku knife, slicing knife, bread knife, pair of shears, knife sharpener, and a knife organizer. It doesn’t have a steak knife, however, so keep that in mind.
The knife handles feature a curved design, making them comfortable to hold for prolonged sessions. The sizing of the ABS handle is also well-thought-out. I mean, whether you are male or female, with big or small hands, expect an enhanced in-hand feel from each piece of this set.
The conveniently-sized block is of Beechwood wood material, meaning it will also stand the test of time. The knife holder comes with rubber feet to keep it exactly where you place it on the counter— and that means reduced chances of accidents happening in the kitchen.
Are you a right-handed or a leftie chef? Could you be one of the few ambidextrous beings we have on the planet? No problem! Whether you are cutting raw meat, chopping herbs, or removing fish scales, you will appreciate that the high-quality pair of scissors works well for both hands.
- Very durable.
- Hold their edge for long.
- Decent quality.
- No steak knives.
#3 Slitzer Germany Professional Chef’s Cutlery Set
- Included Components: Cutlery; Chef's Knives; Chefs-Knives
- The package length of the product is 5.0 inches
If you work as a professional private chef, bringing your cutlery set wherever you go may help you achieve better results when cooking for your clients. In this case, you need a set that comes with the best portability in mind, and that’s the exact thing you get from our third option.
Unlike other members of the competition that typically offer a wooden knife block, this set comes with a storage case, an accessory that provides a convenient way to organize and move your pieces of cutlery wherever and whenever duty calls.
The storage unit comes with 22 pieces of cutlery, more than what you get from any of the predecessors. The array of knife styles here run from chef knife to carving knife to fillet knife to boning knife.
The briefcase also includes decorating knife, oyster knife, melon baller, potato peeler, and more. Hence, no matter the type of recipe your client sets before you, you will always have the ideal piece for the task.
The blade material here is heavy-duty stainless steel construction and is well-balanced for optimal durability. A satin finish covers the steel for stain and rust resistance, guaranteeing you a lifetime of dependable use.
- Lots of essentials.
- It’s an ideal gift for a professional chef.
- Everything has its place in the case.
- The case is a bit big, but then it has to be for everything to fit.
#4 imarku Kitchen Knife Set
- ALL-INCLUSIVE KNIVES SET: imarku 10-piece kitchen knife set includes 8"CHEF KNIFE, 7"SANTOKU KNIFE, 8"BREAD KNIFE, 8"SLICING KNIFE, 5"UTILITY KNIFE, 3"PARING KNIFE, 5.5"KITCHEN SCISSORS, 8"KNIFE SHARPENER ROD, 13"BAMBOO KNIFE BLOCK and CUTTING BOARD, which is an almost professional-grade knife set that can meet most of your needs.
- IMPECCABLE QUALITY: Our KNIFE SET WITH BLOCK is made of premium HIGH-CARBON german stainless steel 3CR13MOV with excellent corrosion and discoloration. Different from the inferior knife block set on the market, our block are made of high grade bamboo, while our chef knife set is also equipped with a bamboo cutting board that most knife sets do not have, which proves our sincerity and strength.
Knives and their organizers aren’t the only things you need for chopping tasks to run smoothly in the kitchen. A high-quality chopping board will also play a part in facilitating your cooking. While it’s possible to get it separately, no chef will turn down an offer of having one come alongside a decent-quality cutlery set. And yes, fourth on our lineup is the best quality knife set with a chopping board.
The cutting board is of bamboo, naturally antibacterial material for healthier cooking. This type of wood also offers better durability than plastic, meaning you won’t need to buy another chopping board soon. And with the compact size, it won’t take much storage space.
The knife block is also of high-grade bamboo, so it’s long-lasting and a more sanitary piece for your knives. You will also appreciate the hollow and artistic design of the holder as it makes the unit stand out from the competition.
Other than the chopping board and the holder, this 10-piece knife set offers six types of knives, kitchen scissors, and a sharpening rod. The blades are of high carbon German stainless steel for enhanced durability and excellent rust and corrosion resistance.
Each of the knives is hand-polished and offers a 14 to 16-degree cutting edge on either side. This geometry should give you the level of precision you need in your chopping tasks. While it’s durable, ensure that you don’t use it for cutting large bones as it may affect their service life.
- Beautiful wooden handles.
- Durable chopping board.
- Lovely bamboo knife holder.
- People with big hands may find the handles small.
#5 Mercer Culinary Knife Block Set
- Ergonomic Santoprene handle offers superior comfort and a non-slip grip, even with wet hands. Will not break down from exposure to kitchen oils and is able to withstand hot and cold temperatures
- High carbon, no-stain German X50 Cr Mo V15 cutlery steel resists rust, corrosion, and discoloration
Other than finding a functional set, you should ensure that you get one with a stylish design. Not many top-notch knives will offer that, but this six-piece option is among the few that will. As a result, it scoops the fifth position as the best knife set under $200 with a stylish design.
Everything about this stunning knife set is incredible, ranging from the knives to the organizer. Speaking of the blades, they are of high-carbon, German X50 Cr Mo V15 steel. That should tell us that they are long-lasting and resistant to discoloration, rust, corrosion, and other threats that affect knives’ service life.
Additionally, a full tang runs all through the length of the handle, so each of these pieces of cutlery will feel well-balanced and won’t cause much wrist pain. Therefore, if you want a set that you can use for hours without feeling hand fatigue, it fits the bill.
The knife block here is of tempered glass and stainless steel. The transparent design allows the user to see all the pieces, allowing them to instantly see and pick the correct knife out of the five. What that means, no more waste of time choosing the blade to use.
The knife handles are of Santoprene, so they interact well with the palm and are non-slip, even when using them with wet hands. This type of construction is also heat-tolerant and won’t break or split from extended exposure to oils.
- Strong magnets hold knives in place without exposed blades.
- Thick steel.
- Classic design.
- It’s not the best for people who don’t love printing on the blade.
#6 Calphalon Classic Cutlery Knife Block Set
- Kitchen knife set includes: 4 1/2 inch Paring Knife, 6 inch Utility Knife, 6 inch Serrated Utility Knife, 7 inch Santoku, 8 inch, Chef's Knife, Kitchen Shears, 8 Steak Knives, Sharpening Knife Block; Bread knife not included
- Built in ceramic sharpeners automatically sharpen chef knives and other straight edge knives with every use
To get the most out of your blades, ensure that they have a decent edge. A sharper cutting-edge will make your cutting more precise, faster, and safer. That’s why it’s advisable to hone steel knives after every few uses. Now, for those who don’t love the sharpening part, here comes the best knife set with a self-sharpening knife block.
The knife block is of wooden material and features built-in ceramic sharpeners. The sharpener will hone your straight knife every time you return it after use, so you will always have a new edge at the beginning of every project.
Definitely, the blades aren’t visible when in the block, and with identical handle designs, it becomes difficult to choose the correct knife in the first pick. With that in mind, each piece has unique labeling on the grip end.
The 15-piece cutlery set supplies you with every knife you would want in the kitchen. Hence, whether you are chopping, slicing, mincing, or performing any other knife-related kitchen chore, you will always have the perfect piece for the challenge.
There are six types of knives here. You’ll get a vegetable knife (standard chef knife), santoku knife, serrated utility knife, paring knife, utility knife, and steak knife. However, most users seem not to like the idea of including eight steak knives considering that some essential types like a bread knife are missing.
- Labels on the handle end.
- Easy to hold and use.
- Built-in ceramic sharpeners.
- No bread knife.
#7 Kurschmann Kitchen Knife Set
- RESTAURANT QUALITY FOR THE AVID CHEF: Your kitchen knives set includes 8" chef's knife, 7" Santoku knife, 8" bread knife, 8" carving knife, 5" utility knife, 3.5" paring knife, 6 steak knives, scissors, and honing rod.
- STUNNING, ARCHITECTURALLY DESIGNED WOOD BLOCK: Unlike traditional bulky blocks, our knife set features a modern, Acacia-timber, upright block stylishly engineered to conserve space while lending a sophisticated flair to your kitchen.
For those running short of counter space, it’s wise to consider the amount of space the new set is going to take. Of course, not many options will fit the bill. However, this cutlery set from Kurschmann is one of the few options for smaller kitchens. It’s the best space-saving knife set we have on the list.
So, what makes it an efficient set? Well, it’s all in the design of the knife block. Unlike most organizers, this holder is oriented straight upward, giving it a slim design with a tiny footprint. I mean, here, the knife slots keep the versatile knives upright and not diagonally like in the majority of holders.
Though it’s a compact set, that doesn’t mean it only comes with a few pieces. The set offers 15 pieces of cutlery, that is, bread knife, chef’s knife, santoku knife, carving knife, utility knife, paring knife, and more. Hence, no matter what comes your way, you will always have your favorite knife for the task.
The injection-molded ABS grips are comfortable to work with and come in a cute white color. The premium handle material is also UV and impact-resistant, so the grips will never break, peel, bend or pull away as with most competitors.
About the blades, it’s worth acknowledging that the white-handled modern knives are of exceptional german stainless steel. That said, if you are looking for a set that’s of the most durable materials, you can consider directing your money to this option.
- Quality materials.
- The slim style in knife block saves on counter space.
- The handles are comfortable, thick, and curved.
- No kitchen shears.
#8 OLEYA Kitchen Knife Set
- ✅ 15 PIECES PROFESSIONAL KITCHEN KNIFE SET: Includes 8”Chef Knife, 8”Slicing Knife, 8”Santoku Knife, 8”Bread Knife, 5”Utility Knife, 3.5”Paring Knife,Kitchen Scissors, Knife Sharpener to stay sharp and 6 pieces of 4.5”Steak Knives
- ✅ PREMIUN QUALITY BLOCK KNIFE SET: Superior high carbon stainless steel(X50CrMoV15) blade are applied with Black BO Oxide technology .The block knife set is practical, sharp and precise for cutting, chopping, slicing, dicing, and mincing of all kinds of meat, vegetables, fruits, and bread. It is suitable for both home and restaurant kitchens.
Any professional chef will tell you that a dull knife is more dangerous to work with than a sharper one. That said, you should always ensure that all your blades are up to par by honing them frequently. You can buy a knife sharpener separately, but it’s even better if you can find a set coming with one as a bonus. And yes, if that’s what you look up to, here comes the best kitchen knife set with a sharpener.
The 8-inch knife sharpener will keep any straight edge blade in perfect condition. That includes your chef’s knife, utility knife, slicing knife, santoku knife, paring knife, and more. Actually, with this honing piece, all your blades will always be in tip-top condition.
The blades here are of high-carbon stainless steel. With that said, if you aren’t planning to visit the market any soon for a knife set, consider this option. Also, the non-stick coating on the metal piece is applied using mature technology, so it offers long-lasting superior protection.
Additionally, each piece of this set features a non-slip rubberized handle. Therefore, whether you are using the chef’s knife for vegetables, the santoku blade for slicing meat, or even the bread knife for cutting sandwiches, always expect a super-comfortable feel.
Generally, this high-performance 15-piece cutlery set will revolutionize your cooking experience, making you feel like a culinary god. You can get it for your kitchen or present it to a parent or someone special as a gift.
- A modern design set.
- The quality of the sharpener is fantastic.
- A perfect gift.
- The pair of scissors doesn’t come as sharp.
#9 TUO Knife Block Set
- 【THE PERFECT KNIFE SET】 Professional Kitchen Knife Set included 9'' Bread Knife, 8'' Chef Knife, 7'' Santoku Knife, 6.5'' Nakiri Knife, 5'' Kitchen Utility Knife, 3.5'' Kitchen Paring Knife, Wooden Block. A wonderful Set of kitchen knives for your kitchen task. All our knives have gone through at least 3 checks before shipping it out.
- 【UNIQUE KNIFE BLOCK EASY TO STORE】All knives store safely in the natural wood knife block for space efficient storage. The beautiful BLACK HAWK knife set to completement your kichen,look great among your kitchen. Natural Rubber wood is less prone to bending and deformation, its unique decorativ is popular by more and more people.
A higher count doesn’t always translate to greater versatility. The multifunctionality of a set depends on the diversity of the components. A toolset can have more pieces but performing similar tasks. Now, about this option, each piece is unique for optimal versatility. It takes the ninth spot as the best 7-piece kitchen knife set under $200.
Once you order this product, you should receive the set in excellent condition. The box should include a standard chef’s, bread, santoku, kitchen utility, nakiri, and paring knives. Completing the count is a durably constructed wooden block for holding the knives.
It’s a black hawk knife set, so it’s visually appealing and will blend in with almost any kitchen décor. Additionally, the natural rubberwood used for the organizer won’t bend or deform. What that means is, it’s going to retain its shape throughout its life.
About the knives, they make use of German stainless steel with vacuum heat treatment. And with also nitrogen cryogenic tempering, each of these blades is super-tough, flexible, and long-lasting as well.
Furthermore, each of the blades comes ready for action. I mean, each knife is sharpened by expert knife smiths using the traditional three-step Honbazuke method, giving you an edge geometry of between 8-12 degrees per side.
- Phenomenally sharp blades.
- Exquisite package.
- Slick design.
- They are lighter knives but well-made.
#10 Ginsu 07133DS Japanese Steel Knife Set
- These Ginsu Chikara forged knives are one piece of premium Japanese Stainless Steel from tip to tang so you can approach every recipe with the confidence that your knives will do whatever you ask.
- These Ginsu Chikara forged knives arrive razor sharp and stay sharp longer than the competition giving you a low-maintenance, high quality set of forged knives you can depend on meal after meal.As with all fine cutlery, hand washing is best for care
Although often underestimated, handle design can affect your experience and results in the kitchen. This knife set has well-designed cylindrical handles that make for the best moments when preparing meals. It’s the best knife set with cylindrical handles.
So, what makes the grips commendable? Well, the cylindrical design interacts well with the palms and will provide adequate gripping than most shapes. Plus, the grips are textured, meaning they won’t slip even when the work gets slippery.
About the count, there are a whopping 19 components. That’s only three pieces short of the most we’ve had on the list. There’s a pair of kitchen shears, a honing rod, a bamboo knife block, while knives account for the remaining pieces.
When it comes to aesthetics, it’s undoubtedly one of the most visually appealing on the list. The seamless transition between knife and blade makes the two pieces look like they were a single piece.
Also, you will notice that each of these pieces has excellent weight balancing. With that said, expect each component to give you the perfect balance of power and control when working on the most sophisticated recipes.
- Smooth transition between blade and handle.
- The size of the handle is good.
- Excellent weight balance.
- Plastic bolsters.
#11 Vestaware Knives Set for Kitchen
- PROFESSIONAL KITCHEN KNIFE SET - 16-piece knife set is designed for the personalized kitchen to meet all the needs of kitchen tools. Includes: 7.7"chef knife, 6"chef knife, 8"bread knife, 8"slicing knife, 7"santoku knife, 8"knife sharpener rod, 5.5"kitchen shear, 4.7"utility knife, 3.2"paring knife, 4.5"steak knives set of 6 and wood knife block. Ideal choice for kitchen!
- PREMIUM QUALITY - Knives set is made of superior german high-carbon stainless steel for precision and accuracy. No rust, stains or pitting! After professional forging and polishing technology, the blade is ultra sharp and durable, more precise cutting effect. Ergonomic wooden handle provides excellent balance and comfort, easy cutting!
Enjoy the best price-quality ratio by investing in this decent cutlery set. All the components are of impeccable quality, high-performing, and their value transcends their price tag. It’s the best value knife set under $200.
The package comes with a total of 16 components to give you the level of flexibility you need in your kitchen chopping tasks. All the knives are of superior German steel for durability and a longer-lasting and more exacting edge.
What’s more, the forging is by professionals while the polishing is by advanced technology. That means, this lovely knife set resists rust, corrosion, stains, and discoloration, maintaining its factory-fresh appearance for many days to come.
The wooden block comes with a perfect design that takes minimal space on the counter. Also, the design of the knife holder allows for smooth storage and picking of knives. And with the beautiful finish, this organizer is sure to step up the beauty of your kitchen space.
About maintenance, it’s easy to live with this kitchen set. Handwash and dry the knives—and that’s all! Only ensure that you don’t put them in the dishwasher as that may affect their gloss, edge, and service life to some extent.
- Cute laser-engraved logo on blades.
- The natural wood color compliments most kitchen styles and decors.
- Heavy-duty scissors.
- Not dishwasher safe, but that’s for the good of most knives.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do all knives come with wooden blocks?
No. However, the majority of kitchen knife sets come with this accessory. Some come with a briefcase or a holder that’s of glass. But the truth is that no matter the toolset you pick, it should offer an organizer.
How are Damascus knife blades made?
Well, Damascus consists of multiple metals, with each having a different carbon content fused to come up with a single piece. The difference in metal types and carbon contents are behind the distinctive patterns you see on them.
What do you look for in a knife set?
Before you pick any set, a few aspects should guide you. Knife varieties, blade and handle materials, ergonomics, number of pieces, edge geometry, and budget are a few of the areas of evaluation when shopping for one.
Are German or Japanese knives better?
It all depends on where you want to use them. German knives are ideal for heavy cutting tasks. The thinner design of the Asian variety makes them ideal for lighter and more precise cuts than the western-style knives.
Are Japanese knives sharper than German?
Western knives have a 20-degree edge angle. However, the Japanese design usually offers an edge geometry of 15-16 degrees, so they are thinner than the German style knives.
As you might have noticed, all knife sets don’t offer the same components. Well, most of the pieces are similar, but there’s at least a unique thing about each. As a result, we suggest that you pay heed to the range of knives each offers and how well they meet your taste for design. This way, you’ll find it easier to pinpoint the one that best matches your needs.