When preparing food, you need the right type of knives to get the job done. And the best way to go about this is by buying a kitchen knife set that has everything that you may need.
However, most knife sets are highly priced and may not suit those who are on a tight budget.
If you are looking to buy a new knife set at an affordable price, the review list below can get you started.
The knives that we have hand-picked for you are just under $ 300, but that does not mean that they are of low quality.
They are just as efficient compared to most high-end sets in the market, so you can fully count on the below-listed products.
11 Best Kitchen Knife Sets Under $ 300
Our Top Pick: Wüsthof Legende 7-piece Kitchen Knife Set
- Wusthof Knife Set Includes: 4.5" Utility Knife, 6" Utility Knife, 8" Chef's Knife, 9" Double Serrated Bread Knife, 9" Sharpening Steel, Come-Apart Kitchen Shears, 9-slot Acacia Knife Block
- Blade is precision forged, tempered to 58 Rockwell Hardness
Wüsthof presents you with a rich assortment of high-quality kitchen knives that will dramatically boost your performance.
Upon purchase, you will get an 8″ chef’s knife, two utility knives that measure 6″ and 4.5″ long, a 9″ bread knife with ultra-sharp double serrations, a pair of kitchen shears, and a sharpening rod.
The Legende series knives in this set are professionally crafted with your cutting needs in mind. Additionally, the materials from which they are made are of premium quality.
More to this, the blades are forged from X50CrMoV15 stainless steel, which offers excellent edge retention and great corrosion resistance.
Also, the handles are made of a tough thermoplastic material that is impervious to moisture.
To make them even better, they are ergonomically sculpted for user comfort, so you can work with the knives for long hours without getting fatigued.
This German knife set can be an excellent addition to your cutlery collection since it provides you with different types of knives that can assist you when preparing a wide range of foods.
For starters, the chef knife can prove helpful when chopping, dicing, slicing, etc. The utility knives, on the other hand, can assist you when tackling tasks that may require you to make precise cuts.
The kitchen shears can come in handy when disjointing poultry, opening food packages, snipping herbs, just to mention but a few.
This set is also inclusive of an acacia knife block, which has up to nine slots, so you will have enough space to store all the tools. More on the block, it is designed with traction-enhancing feet for stability purposes.
- Reasonable price
- Consistent performance
- Incredible design
- The set is somewhat small compared to most sets on the list
Best Low-End: Home Hero Kitchen Knives Set
- All-in-one complete set – a specialized set of kitchen chef knives for all your chopping needs. Includes 13 professional chef knives, kitchen scissors, bonus peeler, a premium quality 2-stage knife sharpener and a modern knife stand. A true cutlery organizer!
- Professional quality at its best – the best materials to update your cooking! this stainless-steel knife set gives you superior blades coated with nonstick paint plus ergonomic pp handles. Sharp, sturdy & practical. No rust, stains or pitting here!
If you are on a tight budget, this may just be the right set for you. The manufacturer provides you with a bunch of knives at a fairly low price, and the best part is that they are just as reliable compared to most mid-range kitchen knives.
Included in the set are 13 pieces of knives that you can choose from when prepping different types of foods.
Six of the thirteen pieces are steak knives, while the remaining number is made up of knives that you can use for cutting pizza, cheese, paring, carving, and many more. There is also a peeler that is specifically designed for peeling applications.
The set also comes with a pair of scissors that can assist you in multiple ways. The blades are not only specialized but are also made of stainless steel to minimize corrosion.
With this set, you will get an all-round performance, so you won’t have to use additional knives.
The blades are designed with thick spines and are also coated in a black finish to safeguard the steel against rust.
Plus, the surfaces of the knives are non-stick and will allow you to make smooth cuts with no drag.
Nevertheless, you have to keep in mind that these are not premium knives, so they may not be as durable compared to high-end models.
As such, ensure that you give the blades proper care to prevent them from getting damaged over time. All in all, the set contains an amazing selection of knives that you can use in different scenarios.
- Comes with a two-stage knife sharpener
- The handles offer a non-slip grip
- Remarkable cutting edge
- Can easily get scratched
Best Value: Cangshan S Series 60140 12-Piece Knife Set
- Hand crafted full tang knives forged from tight grained, X50CrMoV15 German Steel for incredible durability, stain resistance and exceptional edge retention.
- Each blade goes through an (ultra6) stage heat treatment ensuring every blade maintains it strength and function. Hand sharpened to a 16-degree angle per side.
The 12-piece knife set from Cangshan is also another viable option that you can consider adding to your kitchen.
And like all S series knives, the blades are hardened and also have a sleek design. We chose this product because it comes with a collection of knives that can assist you in countless ways.
With that being said, the set is made up of a 3.5-inch paring knife, 6-inch boning knife, 7-inch santoku knife, 8-inch chef knife, an extra-long bread knife, etc.
In fact, it even has a cleaver that can help you cut through thick chunks of meat. More to this, the included pair of shears has a clasp design and is equally versatile.
Plus, the knives have razor-sharp cutting edges that will provide you with exceptional results. The other thing that we liked about these knives is that they have a full tang design, allowing for effortless cutting.
When it comes to ergonomics, the knife handles are uniquely curved to increase comfort. The grip material feels good in the hand, so you won’t strain when handling the knives.
Some of the blades are dimpled to minimize resistance when cutting through food. The serrated utility knife can particularly come in handy when cutting fruits.
Since the knives are resistant to corrosion, the blades won’t stain provided that they are kept dry after each use. The knife storage block has multiple slots, so it can house all the knives.
- Good edge retention
- NSF certified
- Excellent cutlery set
- The knives are not dishwasher safe
Best High-End: Case Cutlery CA10249 Nine Piece Block Set
Are you looking for a high-quality kitchen knife set? If so, the CA10249 by Case Cutlery is the way to go.
This set has the commonly used kitchen knives, so it won’t limit you in any way when preparing your foods.
Not to mention that it provides you with an 8″ serrated bread knife, 5.5″ tomato knife, 3″ paring knife, 7″ santoku knife, 8-inch chef knife, 9″ slicing blade, sharpening steel, and a reliable knife block.
This series of knives are crafted from a stainless steel alloy that is hardened for performance. In addition to this, they have a mirror-like finish that prevents corrosion.
That is not all; the handles are triple-riveted to increase stability. And because the grip areas are contoured, your fingers won’t slip when applying pressure to the handle.
Furthermore, the knives have exceptional edge retention, so you can use them repeatedly without honing the blades.
That way, you’ll be able to create enough leverage to get the job done, especially when cutting tough foods.
When used correctly, these knives will deliver flawless performance in all cutting applications.
Besides, this is one of the premium knife sets that you can consider buying. Lastly, the storage block is made of walnut to prolong durability.
- High-quality knives
- Top-tier knife set
- Full-tang knife blade
- Not the cheapest option on the list
Best for Professional Use: Imarku Kitchen Knife Set
- ALL-INCLUSIVE KNIVES SET: imarku 10-piece kitchen knife set includes 8"CHEF KNIFE, 7"SANTOKU KNIFE, 8"BREAD KNIFE, 8"SLICING KNIFE, 5"UTILITY KNIFE, 3"PARING KNIFE, 5.5"KITCHEN SCISSORS, 8"KNIFE SHARPENER ROD, 13"BAMBOO KNIFE BLOCK and CUTTING BOARD, which is an almost professional-grade knife set that can meet most of your needs.
- IMPECCABLE QUALITY: Our KNIFE SET WITH BLOCK is made of premium HIGH-CARBON german stainless steel 3CR13MOV with excellent corrosion and discoloration. Different from the inferior knife block set on the market, our block are made of high grade bamboo, while our chef knife set is also equipped with a bamboo cutting board that most knife sets do not have, which proves our sincerity and strength.
Imarku does an amazing job when it comes to making kitchen knives. Well, the cutting tools included in this set are no different since they are durably built for performance.
Like the set just before it, this package provides you with different types of knives that you can count on.
As if that is not enough, the set also has a pair of scissors that can be used for snipping applications. It offers a reliable pinch grip, so the food won’t slip from your grasp.
This 10-piece knife set is specially designed for professional chefs and home cooks. The blades are made of 3Cr13Mov German high carbon steel and also have a single-piece design, so the chances of them breaking are very low.
By using the paring knife, you can easily peel fruits and vegetables without wasting the food. The non-serrated utility knife is just as effective and will allow you to make clean cuts effortlessly, while the bread knife has a wavy design for increased performance.
And since the santoku blade is dimpled, it will enable you to slice through food with no resistance.
All the knives will provide you with optimum cutting power, and the fact that they come ultra-sharp makes them even more efficient. To top it all up, the block is crafted from high-grade bamboo, so don’t expect it to crack.
- Highly resistant to corrosion
- Brilliant edge retention
- Durable hand-sharpened knives
- The set is not inclusive of a cleaver
Best All-Inclusive: Vestaware Professional 16-Piece Knives Set
- PROFESSIONAL KITCHEN KNIFE SET - 16-piece knife set is designed for the personalized kitchen to meet all the needs of kitchen tools. Includes: 7.7"chef knife, 6"chef knife, 8"bread knife, 8"slicing knife, 7"santoku knife, 8"knife sharpener rod, 5.5"kitchen shear, 4.7"utility knife, 3.2"paring knife, 4.5"steak knives set of 6 and wood knife block. Ideal choice for kitchen!
- PREMIUM QUALITY - Knives set is made of superior german high-carbon stainless steel for precision and accuracy. No rust, stains or pitting! After professional forging and polishing technology, the blade is ultra sharp and durable, more precise cutting effect. Ergonomic wooden handle provides excellent balance and comfort, easy cutting!
Vestaware provides you with a 16-piece knife set that will completely change how you prep your food.
The knives in this set are similar to the ones that we have just reviewed in that they are made of high-carbon 3Cr13Mov stainless steel and also have a hardness rating of 52±2 on the HRC scale.
In addition to this, the blades are expertly crafted to ensure that you get a knife that is both efficient and durable.
The chef knife, in particular, has a razor-sharp cutting edge that allows users to chop, slice, and dice food.
To add to its list of features, the set contains an excellent pair of kitchen shears that can help you when snipping herbs. However, its use can as well apply when breaking down poultry.
The knives are not only full tang but are also bolstered to increase stability. Not just that, the blades offer great corrosion resistance, good edge retention, and exceptional wear resistance.
Plus, all the edges are set at an appropriate cutting angle to boost the knives’ overall performance.
They come with beautifully crafted wooden handles that will provide you with a firm grip. Both the handles and the blades are reliable from a performance standpoint, so you won’t experience any problem when working with these knives.
- Favorable price
- Requires minimal maintenance
- Decent kitchen cutlery set
- The finish is not as great
Best for Beginners: Morakniv Classic 1891 3-Piece Knife Set
- Set of three beautiful kitchen knives handmade in Sweden
- Includes Chef’s knife (8.7-inch blade), Bread knife (9.7-inch blade), Paring knife (3.3 inch blade)
We highly recommend this set to beginners because it is practical and reliable. Unlike most sets on the list that have multiple knives, the Morakniv Classic 1891 only has three knives.
That should, however, not worry you, especially if you are a beginner because the available knives will help you accomplish most, if not all, cutting tasks.
What’s more, the high-quality Sandvik stainless steel knives included in the package are virtually immune to corrosion, so the blades won’t stain even when used in wet conditions.
Nonetheless, ensure that you clean and dry the knives before placing them on the block. This package contains a 3.3″ paring knife, 8.7″ chef’s knife, and a well-designed 9.7″ bread knife.
What makes these knives special is that they are precision-built with every user’s needs in mind.
The 14C28N blades offer a great balance between hardness and corrosion resistance, thus making them even more dependable.
On top of that, they are very easy to sharpen, so you can hone them to an ultra-sharp edge with just a few strokes.
The handles are made of high-quality wood and are also reinforced with tough bolsters to give users an excellent performance. However, the price of this set is a bit despite having a few knives.
- Great edge retention
- Well-balanced and fully dedicated knives
- Professionally crafted
- Not dishwasher safe
Honorable Mention: Henckels International Self Sharpening Knives Set
- Stylish brushed stainless steel cap and stained ash wood base self-sharpening block.
- Tailor-made for the J.A. Henckels International Statement knife series.
This 14-piece knife set contains high-quality knives that you can depend on in all scenarios. Besides, the blades are made of stainless steel, so you can rest assured they will last for a long time.
Also, they are designed with full-size tangs that will provide you with maximum leverage. But, that is not all, the handles have a tri-rivet design, so they won’t come loose in between the work session.
The storage block is equipped with sharpening wheels that will help you hone the blades as you insert or draw the knives from the slots.
These self-sharpening knives may just be what you need to improve your performance in the kitchen. As such, you won’t waste a lot of time honing the blades since the block will do all the heavy lifting.
Still, you should consider polishing the edges once in a while so that they can stay in good condition.
By using this series of knives, you will have an easy time when cutting through both soft and tough foods. Also, the blades are precision ground for user convenience and also offer decent edge retention.
The slots on the storage block have knife identification labels to prevent guesswork when storing the knives.
It doesn’t end there; the block is designed with a wide base that will provide you with maximum stability, so it won’t topple over even when all the knives are inserted.
- Conveniently designed
- Hardened cutting edges
- Comes with a pair of herb scissors
- The blades dull with repeated use
Best Mid-Range: KYOKU 5-Piece Knife Set
- SUPERIOR STEEL - Manufactured with ultra-sharp, cobalt-added, and cryogenically treated steel cutting cores, these knives boast unrivaled performance and incredible edge retention.
- ERGONOMIC & WELL-BALANCED - Ergonomically designed, the narrow blades help alleviate fatigue and finger pains from long periods of slicing or chopping, perfectly blending performance and comfort.
Kyoku’s samurai series knives are not only efficient but also dependable. The blades are crafted from Japanese high carbon steel to increase strength.
As such, they have amazing edge retention and are equally resistant to wear. Moreover, the knives are cryogenically treated, so don’t expect the blades to chip during usage.
And like most of the sets that we have covered, the package is inclusive of a bread knife, chef knife, paring knife, boning knife, and a utility knife.
There is also an acacia wood knife block that you can use during storage. The block has enough slots, so you won’t run out of space.
This can be an excellent kitchen cutlery set for all users because it has all the basic knives that you may need when handling different types of foods.
In addition to this, all the tools are made of materials that are of high quality to ensure that users get a fully functional set that is also durable.
The Pakkawood handles are impervious to moisture and heat. Plus the blades are extremely reliable from a performance standpoint.
On the downside, this series of knives only has five pieces of cutting tools compared to most sets that offer more knives for the same price range.
- Practical design
- Tough carbon steel
- Designed to last
- Small set
Most Versatile: NANFANG BROTHERS Kitchen Damascus Knife Set
- ALL-IN-ONE COMPLETE SET - Professional Damascus Knives set includes 8”Chef Knife, 8”Slicing Knife, 8”Bread Knife, 7” Santoku Knife, 5.5”Utility Knife, 3.5”Paring Knife, Kitchen Shears, Knife Sharpener to stay sharp and Beechwood Block.
- QUALITY DESIGN - Knives are crafted with VG10 steel core 67 layers superior damascus steel blades for precision and accuracy. HRC 60±2 hardness for exceptional sharpness, edge retention. Curved design handle provides comfort and support.
This set features fully dedicated knives that will help you cut through all tasks in the kitchen.
When you buy this product, you will get a 7-inch santoku knife, 8-inch chef knife, 5.5-inch utility knife, 8-inch bread knife, 3.5-inch paring knife, etc.
The blades have VG10 steel cores while the exterior layers are made of Damascus steel.
More to this, the edges are easy to sharpen, so you won’t experience any problem when honing the blades. The cutting edges are hardened to an HRC rating of 60±2, thus making them super-efficient.
Since the included chef knife is extremely versatile, it can assist you when cutting vegetables, meats, and other foods.
That said, it can make a good prep knife, and the best part is that it performs better compared to regular kitchen knives.
Like most beveled knives, it will allow you to make accurate cuts without wasting the food that you are cutting.
Unlike the rest of the knives in the set, the utility knife and the bread knife are serrated to increase their cutting performance. The wooden knife block is fitted with non-slip rubber feet to prevent slippage.
- The blades are multi-layered
- Versatile knife block
- Attractive finish
- Not suitable for cutting frozen foods
Most Elegant: Hanmaster 7-Piece Razor Sharp Knife Set
- Ultra-sharp kitchen knives: High-quality German steel provides a solid and sharp knife. The ceramic coating on the blade enhances durability and rust resistance. The perfectly balanced kitchen knife is easy to slice, chop, cut, and dice.
- Comfortable grip knives set for kitchen: The German steel one-piece precision-forged structure knives are sturdy and durable. The black-coated handle improves grip and comfort.
Based on our comparison, the seven-piece knife set from Hanmaster has some of the most beautiful knives on the list.
The blades have an attractive black ceramic coating that matches the color of the handles, giving the knives a stylish appearance.
When it comes to durability, the knives are made of high-carbon X50CrMoV15 stainless steel, so you can rest easy knowing that they won’t bend or break when cutting food.
This set is just as efficient as the one just before it since it comes with a reliable 8-inch chef knife, 8-inch bread knife, 7-inch santoku knife, kitchen shears, 3.5-inch paring knife, and utility knife.
The paring knife can make a good tomato knife and can as well be used when cutting small vegetables.
To add to this, the blades are hand-polished and are set at an angle of 16° to 18°. This makes them easy to sharpen, so you will be able to hone the edges to the preferred level with minimal strain.
- High performance
- The knives are ergonomically designed
Frequently Asked Questions
How much should I spend on a knife set?
Knife sets come at different prices, so it will all depend on your budget. You can go big by going for those that cost over $1500 or the ones that are under $300 to $100.
What is the best quality kitchen knife set?
When it comes to choosing a kitchen knife set, there are several factors that you should consider. That said, ensure that you choose a set that has all the tools that you may need.
This review list will guide you on your search for the best kitchen knife set.
Do all kitchen knife sets come with kitchen shears?
No. Some sets are not inclusive of kitchen shears, so it will all depend on the option that you pick.
What is the best affordable kitchen knife set?
If you are on a tight budget, you should consider buying the knife sets that we listed above since they fall within a favorable price range.
What knife sets do chefs use?
Professional chefs prefer expertly crafted knives from reputable brands like Wüsthof, Imarku, Case Cutlery, etc.
The budget-friendly kitchen knife sets that we have listed above are some of the best options that you can spend your money on.
The knives are not only efficient but also durable, so you won’t have to worry about durability. In addition to this, they come with sturdily built storage blocks that you can rely on.