Morakniv knives are designed for the outdoors. They are one of the most popular brands in Scandinavia, and they have a lot to offer with their wide range of products.
There is something for everyone from new outdoor enthusiasts to seasoned professionals. The company has been around since 1891, so you can rest assured that these knives come with years of experience behind them.
In this blog post, we will cover what makes a good Morakniv knife, what to consider when choosing one, and our top 10 picks!
10 Best Morakniv Knives
1 . Morakniv Companion Fixed Blade Outdoor Knife with Sandvik Stainless Steel Blade
- Versatile fixed-blade outdoor knife with a 4.1-inch hardened Sandvik 12C27 stainless steel blade is ideal for carving, food prep, and cutting tinder
- High-quality Swedish steel is razor sharp and exceptionally tough; stainless steel blade stays sharp longer than carbon steel, and is less prone to rust
As one of the most popular camping knives in the world, this is no mustache-trimmer. As a reliable survival knife with a 4.1″ blade made out of 12C27 stainless steel, you can be sure it’s perfect for chopping firewood into kindling and carvings.
The Companion also comes with a patterned grip that makes handling crispy-fingers jobs easier than ever before so think campfire cooking or carving up some winter squash to get those nutrients while we’re waiting for springtime.
Besides being just about better than sliced bread, The Morakniv Companion’s unique design offers a 3mm fuller running along its length to abet weight reduction and “balance” – which means less hand fatigue when doing for hours what takes minutes with a regular knife.
- Stainless steel blade stays sharp much longer than carbon steel and is far less prone to rust.
- The handle has a patterned, high-friction grip that performs well in wet and cold conditions.
- High hardness rating, exceptional toughness, and superior corrosion resistance.
- Your hands will be protected from cuts thanks to the nonslip grip on the handle.
2. Morakniv Companion Fixed Blade Outdoor Knife with Carbon Steel Blade
- Fixed blade outdoor knife with 4.1-inch high carbon steel blade
- Limited lifetime manufacturer’s warranty; Made in Sweden
This single blade property outdoor fixed was sharpened to perfection, with the most comfortable grip due to its good balance weighted.
The knife is easy to hold and also has a low center of gravity for increased precision. With its attractive design, this knife adapts easily for different purposes and environments.
Feel safe knowing you’re buying from one of the best brands out there; Swedish-made materials are built strong enough that this investment will last time after time.
- The blade is made from high carbon steel, making it durable and easy to re-sharpen.
- It has a patterned, high-friction grip which makes it comfortable to hold.
- The blade is made of 1095 carbon steel and reaches a hardness of HRC 58-60.
- The perfect knife for outdoor enthusiasts.
3. Morakniv Craftline Basic 511 High Carbon Steel Fixed Blade
- 3.6-inch fixed blade, high carbon steel utility knife, for high hardness, easy sharpening, and exceptional toughness
- Impact-resistant, ergonomic TPE rubber handle for optimum grip; included finger guard provides additional safety
It’s not just tough on the outside though: the TPE rubber grip ensures that your hand won’t slip in sweaty conditions, while the finger guard will keep your fingers from sliding forward onto the blade—a super thoughtful little touch.
If you choose to purchase this knife, you can either buy a single blade or add another blade to the holster for times when you need more than one blade.
You’ll never regret investing in the Craftline Basic, and you can take it with you on that camping trip or use it to get your freshly caught fish–it does everything.
- A durable knife that can be sharpened easily.
- It’s made of high-carbon steel, which is durable and sharp.
- Ergonomically designed to be comfortable and safe.
- Safe tool for you to use in the kitchen or garden.
4. Morakniv Companion Heavy Duty Knife with Sandvik Carbon Steel Blade
- Fixed blade outdoor knife with 4.1-inch high carbon steel blade
- Extra-large ergonomic handle with patterned, high-friction grip that makes the knife comfortable to hold and easy to handle
Morakniv’s Companion Heavy Duty Knife is the perfect knife for adventures in and outdoors. Whether you need to cut through heavy brush or open packages, this fixed blade outdoor knife will always be your reliable companion.
Its extra-large handles ensure a comfortable grip whether you’re sawing through ice or carving your next soufflé. The edge of the 4 1/2 inch long carbon steel blade stays sharp through repeated use thanks to Morakniv’s quality craftsmanship–just don’t forget to keep it clean.
Packaged with a color-matching plastic sheath with belt clip for compact storage when not in use, these knives are built to last–with warranties that cover all defects for life.
- You won’t need to worry about the blade bending or breaking.
- The high carbon steel makes for a durable and long-lasting knife.
- The Companion Heavy Duty is perfect for batoning.
- Feel confident that your most important tool is strong, reliable, and trustworthy.
5. Morakniv Craftline Robust Trade Knife with Carbon Steel Blade and Combi Sheath
- Fixed blade utility knife with an extra-think carbon steel blade for extra strength and durability
- Blade Thickness: 0.125 in (0.32 cm), Blade Length: 3.6 in (9.1 cm), Total Length: 8.25 in (20.9 cm), Net Weight: 4.9 oz (140 g)
The Morakniv Craftline Robust Knife is a must-have for any outdoor enthusiast. It features an extra-thick carbon steel blade that provides added strength and durability.
The TPE rubber handle ensures your grip remains steady even when you’re handling it with wet hands in the rain; and the hard plastic Combi-Sheath allows for the connection of a second knife, preventing you from having to carry around an additional blade case or sheath.
A lifetime warranty is provided by the manufacturer against manufacturing defects on this product, as well as for instructions on keeping its good looks intact.
- The blade is durable and will not rust.
- The handle provides a comfortable grip.
- It’s lightweight, easy to carry around, and has a compact size.
- You can use this knife to do many different things – from cutting firewood, to the skinning game, or even gutting fish.
6. Morakniv Eldris Fixed-Blade Pocket-Sized Knife
- Winner of 2016 Scandinavian Outdoor Award based on functionality, quality, innovation, design, and sustainability
- Sandvik 12C27 stainless steel blade is razor sharp and features high hardness, exceptional toughness and good corrosion resistance
The Morakniv Eldris is a pocket-sized knife that’s perfect for hikers, campers, and those looking to go anywhere without lugging around heavy items.
The razor-sharp Sandvik 12C27 stainless steel blade can stand up to the lightest of tasks from cutting fruit to preparing lunch with just a small pack. And not only does it have an incredibly lightweight design, but each sheath also has a click-lock feature that ensures the knife stays securely in place when hanging around your neck.
- The Eldris is made of high-quality materials.
- It’s a versatile knife that can be used for many purposes.
- Small enough to fit in a pocket and safe enough to be worn around the neck.
- It features excellent edge retention, balance, and durability.
7. Morakniv Bushcraft Knife
- Fixed-blade knife with a razor sharp 1/8 inch (3.2 mm) thick carbon steel blade with tungsten DLC anti-corrosive black coating
- Blade length: 4.3 inches (109 mm); Blade thickness: 0.125 inch (3.2 mm); Total length: 9.1 inches (232 mm); Weight w/sheath: 5.7 oz. (162 g)
The Morakniv Bushcraft Knife is outfitted with a razor-sharp blade that’s perfect for cutting rope, skins, and other tasks.
Because the blade has been coated in black Tungsten DLC anti-corrosive finish, this knife will withstand even rustic conditions during those long camping trips your friends know you can’t resist.
The small and lightweight design makes this an easy-to-carry when exploring the bush.
- It is lightweight, easy to carry and handle.
- The blade is stainless steel with a black coating for added protection against corrosion.
- Comes with two belt clips that can be interchanged as needed.
- The spine of the blade has been ground specially for use with a firestarter which will make starting fires easier in wet conditions or extreme temperatures where matches are ineffective.
8. Morakniv Garberg Full Tang Fixed Blade Knife
- Full tang carbon steel knife with MOLLE multi-mount system is powerful enough to handle harsh tasks without the risk of breaking
- Top grade carbon steel blade features razor sharpness, high hardness, and exceptional toughness and corrosion resistance
A blade you can take anywhere and everywhere? That’s where the Morakniv Garberg Full Tang Fixed Blade Knife with Carbon Steel Blade, 4.3-Inch comes in.
The full tang carbon steel knife has a MOLLE multi-mount system which is perfect for tough tasks without any risk of breaking. It also features interchangeable rubber sheaths so that this lightweight knife goes exactly where you need it to be.
- Made of top-grade carbon steel that features excellent edge performance, razor sharpness, high hardness, and exceptional corrosion resistance.
- This is the perfect fixed blade knife for tough jobs.
- Comes with a variety of sheaths so you can carry it on your belt, pack, clothes, or vehicle.
9. Morakniv Craftline Pro S Allround Fixed Blade Utility Knife
- Fixed blade utility knife with stainless steel blade
- Blade Thickness: 0.08 in (0.2 cm), Blade Length: 3.6 in (9.1 cm), Total Length: 8.25 in (20.9 cm), Net Weight: 4.0 oz (115 g)
This all-around knife is great for rough cutting, carpentry, and hobby work. The handle of this small yet powerful knife is ergonomically designed to ensure you always have a good grip, even during tough tasks like woodworking.
Equipped with a plastic combi-sheath to connect another Mora product or sheath for protection, this sturdy and reliable knife will not disappoint.
- It’s made of stainless steel, so it can stay sharp longer and withstand higher loads.
- This knife will help you be more efficient and productive when working with tough materials.
- TPE rubber handles provide a comfortable grip and better control over your cutting tasks.
- Finger guard offers additional safety when using this tool.
10. Morakniv Kansbol Fixed Blade Knife
- Versatile fixed blade outdoor knife with stainless steel blade; two versions available (sold separately): with plastic sheath or multi mount system
- Top grade Swedish 12C27 stainless steel that features excellent edge performance, razor sharpness, high hardness, and exceptional corrosion resistance
Want the perfect outdoor knife? The Morakniv Kansbol Fixed Blade Knife with Sandvik Stainless Steel Blade may be for you.
With a total length of 8.9 inches, this knife has a 4.7-ounce weight and a stainless steel blade made from Swedish 12C27 steel that’s razor-sharp and corrosion-resistant.
Not only does it come in two versions: one with a basic plastic sheath or an upgraded version that comes with a multi-mount system, but also includes a handy fire starter (sold separately).
- The Kansbol has a blade that’s top-grade Swedish Sandvik 12C27 stainless steel.
- It is also a lightweight but durable knife.
- It is the ultimate all-around knife, perfect for any situation.
Are Morakniv knives good?
This knife is excellent for use in camping, hiking, fishing/hunting, as well as BBQing. Straight from the factory, they are razor-sharp, but can easily be sharpened with a strop or fine stone under running water.
Where is Morakniv knife made?
Since 1891, it has been made in Mora, Sweden.
What is the Morakniv knife used for?
They are created especially for craftsmen, however, they now produce much more than just traditional work-use blades. It’s now possible to find custom knives made for carpenters and woodworkers or kitchen cutlery that can stand up against years worth of regular use from home cooks.
What steel does the Morakniv knife use?
They have many different types of materials including stainless steel, carbon steel, Triflex, and hard carbon steel––all laminated between softer alloyed steels to make cutting easier.
How thick are Morakniv knives?
Morakniv blades come in different lengths and thicknesses. The most popular length is 3.5 inches, but there are other choices too if that doesn’t work for you.
Morakniv knives are a smart choice for those who want to start using a knife in their kitchen. The company’s wide range of products will allow you to find the right one that suits your needs and budget, from lightweight models perfect for camping trips or fishing excursions to durable bushcraft blades designed with heavy-duty tasks in mind.
They offer several different blade types, lengths, and handle materials so there is something out there for everyone.