Sharpening stones are an essential tool in the kitchen. They help keep your knives razor-sharp and ready for use, so they can slice through food with ease.
But not all sharpeners are created equal – some are better than others at maintaining a blade’s edge. The type you choose depends on your preferences as well as how often you plan to sharpen your blades.
We have compiled a list of the best sharpening stones for kitchen knives that will make it easy to find one that is right for you.
We’ll cover everything from what a sharpening stone for kitchen knives is and how to choose one that will work well with your needs. You’ll be able to quickly compare features and reviews before making your purchase decision.
8 Best Sharpening Stones for Kitchen Knives
1. Sharp Pebble Premium Whetstone Knife
- ✅ Premium Quality: Not all sharpening stones are created equal. We only import & source premium quality material for the manufacturing of our Whetstones. Our proprietary composition of Aluminum Oxide along with sharpening compounds provides you with a superior cutting performance. Don't be fooled by identical-looking cheap knife sharpening stones.
- ✅ Superior Bundle: Sharp Pebble knife sharpening kit comes with double-sided (#1000/ #6000) whetstone knife sharpener, Real Handcrafted bamboo base for holding the stone, knife sharpening angle guide, a simple instruction manual & detailed ebook with lots of Tips & Tricks which will appeal at every skill level.
Here’s a complete, ready-to-go kit that will provide you with everything necessary to keep your knives sharp for years. And because the included whetstone is double-sided, it’ll make short work of any blade.
The Silicone base prevents slipping while the bamboo board allows you to maintain a safe angle during use. The instructional eBook has tips from professional chefs on how to sharpen your knives without any injury. You will get perfect edges every time.
This kit is perfect for beginners as well as experts who are looking for a versatile and easy way to keep their knives sharp!
- Sharpens knives and tools in a short time.
- Two stones for the price of one.
- Easy to use with the angle guide.
- Make your kitchen more efficient with sharp knives.
2. Whetstone Cutlery Knife Sharpening Stone
- DUAL SIDED WHETSTONE – Made from durable silicon carbide, this two-sided sharpening block comes with both a 400-grit side, used for returning edges to their original shape, and a 1000-grit side used for smoothing and polishing cutting edge
- WATER STONE – This stone is meant to be used with water, not oil. Simply soak stone for 5-10 minutes before use, and lubricate with additional water as needed when sharpening. No expensive honing oil needed
A two-sided water stone is perfect for cutting back ragged knife blades to their original shape and smoothing out scrappy, torn metal.
Made from durable silicon carbide, each side of the block will get your knives sharpened up in no time at all! Simply saturate the stone with some good old water before use and lubricant it often with more water as needed throughout the process.
This kitchen or workshop essential includes 400-grit, which is used for making knives good again; and 1000-grit, which will make the knife look shiny. It won’t cost a lot and will last the rest of your life.
- Sharpen your blades in a matter of minutes.
- Make your knives sharper than ever before.
- Be able to cut through food with ease.
- Get the most out of your expensive knives and tools!
3. LANBAOSHI Knife Sharpening Stone Set
- ☑【2-in-1 sharpening stone】: Hand-made from high-grade white corundum, after 1250 degrees high temperature and 17 procedures forge, triple test, corrosion-resistant, heat-resistant, edges and corners are clearly demarcated. ①Coarse side (1000 grit) for sharpening blade,quickly sharpen dull or damaged knives, make the notch and glitch flatten. ②Fine side (6000 grit) for finishing and polishing the blade, make the edges sharper
- ☑【Easy to use】: ❶Silicone base for holding the stone inside non slip bamboo base, ensure the stone is fixed in one place while sharpening. ❷Bamboo base contains anti-slip bottom can make you stable sharpening knife. ❸Knife sharpening angle guide allows you to maintain correct angle and safely apply consistent pressure while sharpening the blade. ❹Fixer stone, used for repairing whetstone, keeping whetstone surface smooth
Good sharp knives in the kitchen are worth their weight in gold. This set comes with two different kinds of sharpening stones – a 2500 pound white corundum stone and an 8000-pound white corundum stone.
The coarse side of the stone sharpens a blade quickly. It is good for when you have to sharpen your blade right away or if there are just a few spots that need to be sharper. The finer 6000 grit side gives the blade that final polish so everything is honed, ready for any culinary job you may have to tackle.
It comes with a bamboo board that makes it stable and a silicone pad that makes the rock stop moving.
- Sharpen your knives and tools quickly.
- Get a perfect 2 sides grit combination for sharpening.
- Save money on expensive knife sharpeners.
- Be able to enjoy cooking time with delicious food more often.
4. Three Way Cut Knife Sharpening Stone Kit
- Premium knife sharpening stone set -Our professional set includes high quality double sided 1000/6000 Grit, Elegant bamboo base and Bonus angle guide. Combination of quality and beauty makes it inexpensive yet useful gift idea.
- Suitable for multi tools -The whetstone dimensions are 7.25" long, 2.25" wide, 1" thick this size gives the ability to Sharpen Blades of various sizes. Serve for Chisel , chef, kitchen knife , Pocket Knife, Hunting Knife,swiss knife,machete, scissor,razor ,axe and sword.
With these two side whetstone kit, you’ll never have to worry too much about your knives again.
This whetstone has two sides. One side is coarse and the other is fine. The coarse side will make the blade sharper and more heavy-duty, while the other side leaves a very sharp edge that lasts for a long time.
This kit can be used on any type of knife: kitchen, hunting, pocketknife – even chisels, and more! The bamboo base allows you not only to display it nicely on your countertop but also protects your stone from slipping around when applying pressure.
- Sharpens quickly and easily.
- Keep your kitchen knives sharp for longer periods of time.
- Save money on expensive knife sets that need to be replaced often due to dullness.
- Get the best return for your money.
5. G-TING Sharpening Stone
- 【WHETSTONE KNIFE SHARPENING STONE】：Whetstone Sharpening Stone is made from professional grade white corundum corrosion & heat resistant, it is also very durable. This stone only requires water, no expensive honing oil needed! It’s a great choice for someone looking for a stone they won’t have to replace.
- 【VERSATILE KNIFE SHARPENING STONES】：This whetstone can be used as an all-round toolkit for any item you want sharpened and polished. It can sharp ANY BLADE out there, be it kitchen knives, Hunting Knife Sharpener, Pocket Knife Sharpener, Scissor Sharpener, Chisel sharpener, Blade sharpener, Razor & it can even sharp a axe!
Whether you’re a frequent hunter, camper, or survivalist, we know the one item that will always be part of your pack. And that is your trusty knife! But as any good artisan knows, knives need sharpening to maintain their showroom edge and quality.
This stone is made of white corundum that is professional-grade and very durable. The surface can withstand corrosion and heat, making it perfect for both beginners and professionals alike.
You can choose between two different grits for sharpening a knife, a 10000-grit or a 5000-grit stop. You can start with a lower grit and then go to a higher grit if you want.
- Sharpens knives, scissors, and other cutting instruments in your home.
- Made of professional-grade Corundum.
- Does not require oil for the job to be done right.
- The perfect set for passionate home cooks or seasoned hunters alike.
6. Meterk Knife Sharpening Stone Set
No products found.
This is a complete knife sharpening set. It’s a water stone, so there’s no need for expensive honing oil. And once you have it perfected on the whetstone 1000/6000 side, then you can polish things off with the 6000 grit side.
If your blade is dull and needs some quality time on these stones, they’ll do that for you. This kit will make your cutting, food preparation, and knife sharpening easier. You will have sharper knives and not get blisters from the poor tools.
The “Flattening Stone” can help you keep the whetstone knife sharpener flat all the time! If you are looking for a professional tool to restore the edge to your knives or blunt blades with minimal effort then check out this knife blade sharpener set today.
- Makes knives sharper in seconds.
- Easy to use, no expensive oils needed.
- Save money on sharpening costs.
- A sharp knife is a safe knife.
7. AivaToba Whetstone Knife Sharpening Stone
- Versatile Sharpening Stone: The whetstone sharpener can bring blunt, rusted and nicked knife back to life. So you can get it for your kitchen knife, chef knife, Japanese knife, pocket knife, scissor, axe, or any knife with sharp blade.
- Superior Quality: The knife sharpener is made of hard white corundum, which can ensure your need of long-term sharpening experience. The sharpening stone is corrosion-resistant and heat-resistant, which is durable.
It provides an easy, no-mess way to keep your blades sharpened and ready for use.
Quickly sharpen dull or damaged knives with the Coarse side grit of 1000 while you buff them down on the Fine side grit (grit 6000). With quick setup and an easy clean-up, AivaToba Knife Sharpening stone is a must-have for every kitchen.
Sharpen and polish the blade to make the edges sharper. You can easily clean it with water, so there’s no need for buying expensive sharpening oils or worrying about any mess on your countertop.
- Sharpens knives and scissors to a razor edge.
- Keep your blades sharper, longer.
- Restore the original factory edge on all of your tools.
- Make meal prep easier and faster.
8. KEENBEST Sharpening Stone
- Made with superior silicon carbide, the 400 grit side is suitable for any daily sharpening, such as repairing the knives with big cutting edges, and polishing the knives, the 1000 grit will help you to make the knives more smooth after using the 400 grit
- No oil needed, just put the stone into water for 10-15 minutes before using and they are ready to use. You can always adding water on it while sharpening, with water the lubricating effect of grinding will be great and helps you to save strength
With this set of stones, you now have two grits to choose from for different sharpening needs.
The 400 grit side will be perfect if your knife is big and the 1000grit side will make it fruitier if they are small and need a more meticulous touch-up.
The superior silicon carbide helps sharpen without any oil needed or water added. They’ll last a long time too since there is no abrasive material that works against each other like what happens with traditional stones. And these stay wet longer.
Now you don’t have to worry about how long it takes for knives to get dull again. You can use them anytime, whether it’s getting your knife ready for a big dinner party or fixing up an old favorite of yours.
- Sharpen knives quickly and easily.
- No risk of injury.
- Save money by not having to buy new knives often.
- Make the most of your expensive cutlery set.
What is a sharpening stone?
Also called “whetstones.” “Whet” means “to sharpen.” Sharpening stones are categorized according to their grit size with numbers representing particle density. Low grit grades, such as 220 and lower, remove metal quickly and sharpen well. Medium grit stones, which are usually between 1000 and 1500 grit, are the best for sharpening dull knives. An increased number, from 4000 and above, indicates a finely divided stone grit.
How do you use it?
Today’s sharpening stones are either water stones or diamond stones. When using a water stone, you will need to submerge it for at least 5 minutes before use; but when using a diamond stone with lapping fluid, your blade should be as good as new in no time!
How to take care of it?
After using your sharpening stone, make sure to wipe off any metal shavings and excess oil with a damp towel. You don’t need to rinse it or wash it after every use. It is important that you take care of the stones as they can wear down over time if not properly cared for.
How long does it last?
Over time, the surface of a sharpening stone will become uneven. This is part of what makes it possible to sharpen knives and other tools on them with such great precision! The lifetime for any given stone depends largely upon how often you use it as well as the type that was used when purchasing – but most should last more than 10 years without issue.
What is the importance of sharpening?
Sharpening knives is a personal choice, but maintaining them is a necessity. Dull knife blades pose such an obvious safety hazard that it’s nearly impossible to argue with the need for regular sharpening and maintenance. Think about when you slice into your tomato and see how much easier it was with those sharper edges.
The best way to find the right sharpening stone for your kitchen knives is by considering what you need it for.
You’ll find all the information you need in this blog post no matter if you need coarse, fine, or extra long-lasting grits, or if you just want something that will work with lots of knives!
We’ve done the research and found that there are many benefits associated with each stone so it’s up to you which one is best for your needs. Whether you have an expensive set or need something more affordable, we hope this list has helped point you in the right direction!