SOG knives are one of the most popular brands in the knife industry. They also happen to be some of the best SOG knives on the market.
Whether you need a tactical knife for your military or law enforcement career, or just want a good everyday carry (EDC) blade, there is a SOG knife that will meet all of your needs.
This blog post will discuss what makes these brands so great and how to choose which one is right for you!
8 Best SOG Knives
1. SOG Tactical Folding Knife
- QUICK ACCESS POCKET EMERGENCY KNIFE: The SOG Escape is a quick open tactical knife that serves well as a rescue knife for SWAT team, paramedics, and firefighters; measures 4.8 inches in closed length.
- FIRST RESPONDER RESCUE KNIFE: Features a cord-cutting groove for cutting cords, lines and seatbelts; includes a glass breaker, wire stripper, and extra line cutter blade under the pocket knife handle.
Always ready for first responders who need it most. The SOG Escape is a compact knife with plenty of rescue features, such as a wire cutter and glass breaker to help free people from entrapment and other difficult situations.
You can have this self-defense tool on you at all times in the removable pocket clip that attaches to your waistband or a belt loop. Lightweight and easy to maneuver, it’s always there when you need it – just because life doesn’t give us any guarantees, doesn’t mean we can’t take care of ourselves!
- Lightweight and compact, yet durable.
- The perfect knife for the home or job site.
- Durable design for everyday use
- For those who live in an emergency situation, it’s a lifesaver.
2. SOG Folding Pocket Knife
- 3.3 INCH POCKET KNIFE BLADE: Gentlemans pocket knife features a 3.3-inch stainless steel blade; sleek folder knife measures 7.8 inches in total length
- 4.8 OZ. SLIM POCKET KNIFE WITH G10 HANDLE: Lightweight folding knife handle is designed with textured G10 and silver bolsters; everyday carry knife reversible pocket clip ensures portability
This lightweight pocket knife is perfect for those wanting to take their everyday carry with them. Featuring a textured G10 handle, the one-hand locking pocket knife opens easily, with simple thumb studs.
The slim folding knife measures 7.8 inches in total length and has a 3.3-inch stainless steel blade that’s appropriate for any location or situation you need it in, from camping to close quarters self-defense.
- It’s lightweight and slim, so it won’t take up much space in your pocket.
- The blade is strong enough to cut through rope or other tough materials with ease.
- Made from stainless steel and has a serrated edge for tough jobs.
- You can use this in all sorts of situations—from camping to opening boxes at work!
3. SOG Survival Knife with Sheath
- 4 INCH STAINLESS STEEL KNIFE BLADE: The Field Knife is a strong full-tang outdoor knife, camping knife, boot knife and combat knife with sheath; measures 8. 5 inches in overall length
- 3. 8 OUNCE WT. W/ TPR GRIP: Made with a grippy, hunting survival handle for hand tools, utility knives and military knives; thermoplastic rubber offers great grip with zero maintenance
The Blade of Survival: Whether you’re an outdoor adventurer, creative chef, or tactical professional in the field needing one of these knives for your survival – SOG has got your back.
Equipped with a full tang and four-inch stainless steel blade plus a grippy silicone handle this knife is perfect as an all-weather camp knife to fix my car while high camping or just lathering up in the woods for game day the techniques never change!
The notch on this knife keeps it lighter and more versatile than others but don’t be fooled by its small stature because there is no duty too big that won’t require all hand cutlery – let alone a combat movie cinematic finish that will blow away your Hollywood producers!
- The blade is made of stainless steel and will never rust.
- Has a unique handle that makes it easy to grip.
- It’s the perfect size for your hand, not too big or small.
- You can rest assured knowing this knife won’t let you down when you need it most.
4. SOG Fixed Blade Knives with Sheath- Seal Pup Tactical Knife
- 4. 75 INCH AUS-8 STEEL PARTIALLY SERRATED BLADE: The SEAL Pup outdoor knife is a perfectly balanced combat knife, boot knife and hunting knife with sheath; measures 9 inches overall length
- 5. 4 OUNCE WT. W/ BLACK GRN HANDLE: This stainless fixed blade military knife includes a nearly indestructible field knife handle; glass-reinforced nylon offers great grip w/ zero maintenance
The SEAL Pup outdoor knife is a perfectly balanced combat knife, boot knife, and hunting knife with sheath.
Completely versatile, far stronger than your ordinary pocketknife, this professional-grade blade and handle can be used for light chopping of small branches when you’re camping or as an efficient weapon if you’re on the field in a tactical circumstance.
Secure in its black-green nylon MOLLE reinforced sheath that attaches to any backpack strap loop or belt loop with plenty of room to move around without hampering other gear like guns, ammunition, etc., it’s the ideal companion for any adventure.
- The blade is corrosion-resistant.
- Easy to carry with a lanyard.
- Lightweight and compact for easy storage.
- Get an edge over the competition by being more prepared than they are.
5. SOG Flare Folding Knife and Pocket Knife
- EVERYDAY CARRY KNIFE BLADE: A great value for a daily carry EDC knife to use in the warehouse, construction site, or job site; these folding EDC knives feature a 3. 5 inch blade, and a closed length of 4. 5 inches
- WORK KNIFE WITH SOG ASSISTED OPENING TECH: This EDC assisted opening pocket knife is built for fast access; S. A. T. Tech lets this folding knife for men and women open single-handed, while Piston Lock secures it closed
For people on the go and in need of a low-carry pocket knife, this EDC folding knife is perfect. Slim and inconspicuous, it can easily be clipped to the front pocket or belt loop for easy access when necessary.
It features a 3.5″ blade that is useful and handy for cutting the rope at job sites or other tasks while out on construction sites; likewise, its slim design ensures less snag potential than others on larger knives.
This EDC pocket knife also features SOG’s Assisted Opening Tech Knife as well as a Piston Lock system to ensure safety against accidental closure if dropped.
- A quality blade that is sharp and long-lasting.
- Easy to use, lightweight, and versatile.
- Get the edge over your competition with this high-quality and affordable knife.
- You will be able to take on any task with ease thanks to the quality of this knife.
6. SOG Folding Pocket Knife – Salute Tactical Knife
- 3.63 INCH CLIP POINT BLADE: This heavy-duty, EDC pocket knife is a capable everyday carry knife with a reversible belt clip; these folding knives measure 4.63 inches in closed length
- ONE-HAND OPEN WITH LOCKBACK: This flipper knife is easy to open with an adjustable sliding thumb stud; the lockback knife mechanism secures the blade open while performing tasks
This heavy-duty, EDC pocket knife is easy to open with an adjustable sliding thumb stud and the Lockback knife mechanism secures the blade open while performing tasks.
A folding pocket knife is as durable as a camping knife, military knife, or work knife for the job site. The tactical folding pocketknife features a Bowie blade profile made with 8Cr13MoV stainless steel and has G10 handle scales.
- The Salute is the perfect knife for those who want a tough, solid feeling in their hand.
- It comes with a finely honed .12” clip point blade that puts power behind every cut.
- The dual stainless steel liners and machined G10 grip make this knife perfect for any occasion or setting.
- It’s a sturdy, reliable tool that will never let you down.
7. SOG Fixed Blade Knives with Sheath – SEAL Strike Tactical Knife
- 4.9 INCH AUS-8 STAINLESS STEEL FULL TANG KNIFE BLADE: The SEAL Strike fixed blade knife is a field-tested combat knife, camping knife, boot knife and hunting knife; measures 9.6 inches in total length
- 5.6 OUNCE WT. W/ GRN STAINLESS STEEL HANDLE: A tough outdoor knife handle for fixed blade survival knives with sheath; glass-reinforced nylon offers great grip and stainless steel reinforces
Bored of the typical knives we’re all used to? I get it, and that’s why we have something for you. Introducing SOG Fixed Blade Knives with Sheath – SEAL Strike Tactical Knife and Hunting Knife.
Sleek design without sacrifice on toughness, The SEAL Strike fixed blade knife is a field-tested combat knife, camping knife, boot knife, and hunting knife. A uniquely designed blade coated in black titanium nitride finishes off the product perfectly.
Alongside these products also comes an awesome deluxe sheath to keep your newfound love safe from harm while not in use. So go ahead and try them out today! You’ll be glad you did!
- The knife is made of stainless steel so it can resist corrosion.
- The blade is made out of durable AUS-8 steel.
- It’s a full tang knife, which means that the metal goes all the way through the handle.
- You’ll be able to use this knife for years and years without breaking it!
8. SOG Folding Knife SlimJim Slim Pocket Knife
- SLIMMEST ASSISTED OPENING KNIFE ON EARTH: The SlimJim compact knife is a super-thin clip pocket knife, backpacking knife and camping knife; measures 4.22 inches closed and .25 inches thick (without removable clip); model number: SJ31-CP
- 3.18 INCH AUS-8 MINI KNIFE: An industrial knife tool with surprises; a formidable small EDC knife, fishing knife, shipping knife and survival knife, if push comes to shove; carries easy at 2.4 ounces
The SlimJim compact pocket knife is very versatile backpacking, camping, and EDC tool equipped with safety features such as a blade locking mechanism to prevent accidents, while the stainless steel construction makes this everyday carry up to 24-hour fisherman or survivalist’s perfect companion.
They’re crafted better so they can carry easier: take all the risk out of cutting tasks from opening packages to preparing food with these workhorse knives that come in an array of colors including satin silver finish – every option is right-sized and always ready to go.
- SlimJim is the lightest and most compact knife on the market.
- It’s so lightweight, you’ll forget it’s in your pocket until you need it.
- When you do want to use it, just flick open the blade with a thumb and SOG Assisted Technology does the rest.
What does SOG stand for?
The SOG knife was made for the people in the Studies and Observations Group during the Vietnam War. These knives were popular with collectors because of their unique design, which is why many people collect them today.
Are SOG Knives good?
SOG has been in the knife-making game for over 50 years and is best known for its reproduction of the military SOG Knife. But, they produce a full line of knives and other tools that are well respected both from their high quality builds to innovative designs like making some models with an ambidextrous blade opening or interchangeable belt clips so it can be worn on either side, left-handed or right-handed.
Where are SOG knives made?
Taiwan produces a majority of fixed blade SOGs and while America makes up for this disparity by producing most multi-tools. Still, there’s plenty more variety in China and Japan when it comes to better quality knives; though inexpensive models can also be found in these countries as well!
What Steel does SOG use?
VG-10 is a well-known, top-of-the-line Japanese steel that contains vanadium. It’s known for its tenacity and is often used in blades because it has high-quality standards.
Are SOG knives full tang?
The SOG brand is known for making blades field-ready, and they’ve done so with this knife by molding a thermoplastic rubber handle around the full tang blade. They also added a GRN sheath to protect it from damage – no moving parts here!